It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:47 am

Free Newsletter

Sureslim - Seeds

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Sureslim - Seeds

Postby stormchaser » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 pm

Anyone doing Sureslim? I have only just started and I just cant stomach the seeds. The sesame seeds I did okay because I put them in a stirfry and I dont mind Sesame seeds but the rest are awful.

I swallowed the sunflower seeds whole with water. Is that going to have the same effect as chewing them up? Sorry probably gross question.

And the Pepitas I just hate. I tried chewing them up but ended up dry retching so I blended them and tried swallowing them with bit of water but ended up vomitting them back up.

Anyone have similiar? Sorry if Im grossing anyone out.

Postby dietcoke » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:13 pm

Ooh that doesn't sound too good. If they're making you sick then ditch them I guess. I don't do Sureslim and I actually really love seeds. I add them to some yoghurt and frozen berries or have them with oats and nuts.

There's heaps of foods that are good for you that I never used to like (like green tea, tuna, salmon, prawns, plain yoghurt etc etc etc) but I adopted a "fake it 'til you make it" mentality and kept eating/drinking them until I grew to like them but I NEVER threw up on them.

Don't force yourself. It's only one thing and I'm sure you could add some sunflower or sesame oil to your salads and still get something out of them.

Postby electrongirl » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:33 pm

yeah I never got the whole "seeds" thing from Sureslim.

I love seeds myself but its kinda weird they give you so many to have!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:29 am

another member/s had problems with the seeds too. I hope you can find a way around not having them if they are making you feel ill.

Postby stormchaser » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:50 am

Thanks guys! I put the 2 tablespoons of linseed meal in water and forced myself to drink that down this morning. Have to be quick though as it quickly soaks up that water and turns very gluggy and cant drink it down.

Oh well just the sunflower seeds, the sesame seeds and the pepitas to go now.

I will try the 'fake it till you make it' :) thanks for the advice!

Postby sassi » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:05 am

i haven't done sureslim, but is there any way you can mix them in with cereal or something in the morning? or put them in the blender but mixed with a smoothie or protein shake?

Postby stormchaser » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:04 pm

I tried the cereal and I'm not a fan. Its very rich in seeds itself. All I can think is not more seeds!!! I can have plain yoghurt for breakfast and could put it in that I guess but its a small amount of yoghurt to a large amount of seeds would be very gluggy? Suppose could add water to thin it a little? Cant have any milk unless its once a day with thats with the ceral.

Postby Zero » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm on Sureslim.

The way i got around the seeds? I just put them all in a mug and added a tiny bit of salt and muched them whole. It made me want to regurgitate the first few times, but then you just dont think about it.
Start Weight (from beginning): 71
Current Weight: 63.00
Weight lost so far: 8.00
Goal Weight: 55.00

8 kilos left.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:04 pm

not sure what is allowed on sureslim but if you really want to keep going with it (though if you REALLY don't like something the likelihood of sticking with it are slim)

try heating up a pan, putting the seeds in there and quickly dry fry with a splash or 2 of soy sauce till dry (don't need much soy)

add ground seeds to your cereal (muesli/weetbix, whatever) (you can buy LSA which is ground linseed (flax) sunflower seed and almond)

Mix with some dried fruit and nuts.

Make up some mueslibars and use mostly seeds rather than nuts (I put a recipe in the recipe section a little while ago - healthy nut bars or something)

Add to stirfrys.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby *KaTe* » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:51 pm

good advice Butterfly dawn!

I was thinking you could roast the seeds in the oven, yum!

Postby Chelle » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:18 pm

Seed are really good for your digestion. If you cant find a way to stomach them then give it a miss there is no point making yourself sick about it. It's a good idea than teagan said make a musli bar it might be more appitising then forcing it down your throat.

Good luck with it.

Postby yummymummy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:27 pm

I loved the seeds! I mainly added them to my stirfry to bulk up my evening meal, I hated the linseed tho so I just took a linseed capsule every day instead, you can get them from your ss office,
there are alternatives to the seeds, I think they involve almonds and avocado check with your consultant next time you are there

Return to Ask the Mob