It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Free Newsletter

POSITIVE WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATION COMPETITION - JAN/FEB 2008

Enter one of our Weightloss Forum Competitions for fun and great prizes!

Moderator: Moderators

POSITIVE WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATION COMPETITION - JAN/FEB 2008

Postby admin » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Hey Everyone, it's time for another competition!

To enter this competition, all you need to do is post your favourite positive affirmation in this thread between January 4 and February 28, 2008.

Each entry should be made as a separate post and include:

1. A Positive Affirmation
2. Any special comments

The best entry (judged by me) will win a purple Apple iPod Shuffle - so you can exercise to your favourite tunes - and a weightloss.com.au t-shirt.

Just remember, a positive affirmation is something we say to ourselves to help us achieve our weight loss goals.

A very simple example of a positive weight loss affirmation is:

My body is getting stronger, slimmer, and healthier every day.

If you have any questions about this competition, please PM me.

Good luck and I look forward to reading and enjoying your affirmations.

PS: You can enter this competition as many times as you like!

Scott. :D
Last edited by admin on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Yay, a competition :D

Just so i'm clear, can we enter more than once?

Here is one I say to myself when I don't want to exercise or if I want to eat junk food.

"Look at the bigger picture. In 1yrs time, what will I look back on as being more important? Eating a chocolate bar and not exercising, or hitting the gym and eating well to achieve my goal and to look after my body?"

Of course that latter! 1yrs time I won't even remember eating that choc bar, but I WILL remember how hard I worked to look and feel great 1yr on.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:06 pm

NO one else can lose the weight for me

what it all boils down to it that every decision you make affects your journey. no one is forcing you to eat certain foods, have second portions of meals or 'making' you sit on the lounge and not exercise.

p.s. great competition scott and i think this will be a great motivator reading how some people keep themselves on track to great weightloss success.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:25 pm

I am a lean, mean, fat-burning machine :twisted:

Do you think that if I say it enough times, I will believe it? Or become it?? In any case, when I remember, I recite this to myself when I'm out running, or walking on the treadmill, in time with my steps.

Here's another one. Much harder:

I-LOVE-MY-LIFE.

4 breaths in, thinking one word per breath, 4 breaths out, same deal. Give it a go :wink:
SarahC

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Oh i lurve competitions!

OK, this is mine:

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

I said this to myself many times a day when going through some very hard personal issues, and i find that it also works great during my weight loss journey... as i see it, being a healthier, better me, isnt going to be a destination, i'll always be riding the wave!

Its even the welcome note on my mobile phone, so every morning when i turn on my phone, im reminded of it once again :)
Fletch ~ breastfeeding my 7mo baby boy ~ loving my 2yo boy!
- on a weight loss journey to be a better me!

~ Height: 165cm ~ SW: 80.1kgs ~ CW: 66.3kgs ~ GW: 60kgs ~ Pre-PG: 64kgs ~

Fletch

Postby oostevens » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:24 pm

"If I start now, I'll have less to lose"

I was quite lazy and hard to get motivated. But if i start to change how things are today then I only have the weight that i am that day to lose. If i say i will do it later, and gain more weight, then i have even more to lose :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Weight loss is a lifestyle and a journey. The reward is not just at the end, it goes on forever :)

Just saying that to lose weight you need to make it your lifestyle, not just a 'diet' that you'll stop when you lose the weight. And the benefits that you get from your weird loss never stop :) Basically, it sums up how terrific it feels every day to have achieved something so great :) It's what I say to myself and everyone else if they asked if it was hard and 'worth it' to lose the weight. Of course it is!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Little Steps Make All The Difference
Little steps such as uping your water intake and not putting butter on your toast of a morning will ultimately move on to bigger things . as the say rome wasnt bulit in a day and Jules wont shrink in a day either :lol:
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:55 pm

I just realised that my first one wasn't really an affirmation, so here is another one!

"I love myself enough to make this change"

The thing is that I think we view dieting and exercise as punishment, when in actual fact we're HELPING our bodies. Our bodies don't have to internally work as hard eg, heart for example when we eat well and exercise, we're improving our health through these changes, not hindering. We need to realise that if we really appreciate what our body does for us, then we need to love it and help it.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby electrongirl » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:20 pm

"We are only given one body, so we must treat it right."

We are such a throw away society, if it breaks, get a new one. But we can't think that way about our bodies. It must carry is through life and if we don't treat it right and keep it healthy it will fail us.

I know being overweight my body is suffering and I keep telling myself that I only have 1 and if this one fails me, I can't get another.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby chubba momma » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Does it have to be an original or can it be a quote we have read/ seen somewhere (if we have the author) ? I have a ton of things on my wall just want to make sure first :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby shelbel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:45 pm

No amount of excuses will get my pants done up!!

Im the excuse queen! I cant walk because its raining/late/hot/cold, i cant eat right because im tired/angry/bored, i have an excuse for everything, until i realised that there are no amount of excuses that will help me! I just gotta quit whining and just get on with it! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:59 pm

Loving myself heals my life. I am nourishing my mind, body and soul

This journey has taught me alot to love myself. Prior to making the change, I couldnt stand myself, I hated and loathed myself. Ive had to come to terms that I am who I am and that if I dont love myself who will ?

Ive never really shared this affirmation with anyone, so Im a little shy about it all !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Mish » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 pm

The body I want is just round the corner, challenging me to get closer and embrace the change.

I say this to myself and write it in my journal, as a sort of motivator which teamed with a beautiful dress hanging in the wardrobe I want to wear again one day - keeps me going.
mish xx

Mish

Postby Misstoodles » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:36 am

I Love Who I Am And How I look - Because I Deserve The Happiness.

The affirmation isn't necessarily about weight loss, but everyone I've ever got close enough to know struggles with at least one of those three things ^ Me included.

Megan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Next

Return to Forum Competitions