It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:13 am

Free Newsletter

POSITIVE WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATION COMPETITION - JAN/FEB 2008

Enter one of our Weightloss Forum Competitions for fun and great prizes!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:08 pm

Don't treat weight loss harder than it has to be

sometimes we really scare ourselves with what might happen during our weightloss journeys i.e. plateaus, relapses, putting the weight back on etc. weightloss shouldnt be about how hard it is. it should be about making changes to stick to for life instead of it being so regimented.
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Negativity gets you nowhere. If you say you won't succeed, it's guaranteed that you won't
I've learnt that no matter what happens throughout the weight loss journey, you have to keep your chin up and not give up when the going gets tough. How are you supposed to lose weight if you keep saying "I can't, I can't, I can't"?!

Weight loss is a full time job
Just another one of mine stressing how weight loss is a lifestyle, not something for the short term. If you truly want to lose weight and keep it off, it's not something that you can choose to do one day, and not the next.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby jodie259 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:53 pm

I love the person I am... and I love the person I can be
jodie259

Postby Kulaia » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:33 pm

I find on days where I could eat everything in the house or on days where I am not putting 100% into my exercise I need a little inspiration to keep me going. Whether I am mentally drained or physically drained this little affirmation I use seems to give me the power and strength to carry on.

A healthy life style is good for my heart, my hips and my spirit.
Kulaia

Postby chubba momma » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:43 pm

I am worth it

It's as simple as that, At the end of the day you have to know everything you do and every step that you take you are doing becasue you are worth it!!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby chubba momma » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:54 pm

[b]Its never too late to make a change[b]

It's never ever ever too late for anything!!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Fletch » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:23 am

Lose kgs, Not yourself!

I know for me, with a quite compulsive personality, its hard not to get caught up in the weightloss. Its not the be all and end all. Im still me, im still a wife, im still a mummy... i need to be true to me!
Fletch ~ breastfeeding my 7mo baby boy ~ loving my 2yo boy!
- on a weight loss journey to be a better me!

~ Height: 165cm ~ SW: 80.1kgs ~ CW: 66.3kgs ~ GW: 60kgs ~ Pre-PG: 64kgs ~

Fletch

Postby prettytigerlily » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 pm

I must....I must.....I must increase my bust.....no kidding lol

Mine is

Go with confidence. In the direction of your Dreams.
Live the life you've always imagined!

The midwife a the hospital told me it while i was pregnant with my last bub and has always stuck with me. She was the same midwife i had when my ex left the first time and i was lucky to get her again.

Tanja
SW: 126 kgs
CW: 122.8 kgs
GW: 60 kgs

Mini Goal: 110 kgs

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wc8e5qA/]
[/url]
prettytigerlily

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:36 pm

I have so many :D

* Don't feed the pain, heal the pain*

I say this to myself when I feel a binge coming on. I am an emotional eater and stressful situations triggers a binge. So before I do I repeat this and it really helps me to stay focused. Food won't make the situation better only the actions I take can.

Take action and make this a life to live for!

All it takes is a decision to choose a healthy life. Make that decision to change your life and do it in a safe and responsible way. Your body has to last the rest of your life! Treat it with respect!
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:55 am

Everything I need is within me now!

I find this really helpful when I'm in a hole wallowing in despair and hopelessness... you know that awful feeling where you just can't see things ever being any different, or spiralling out of control. It just means that I already have all the strength, motivation, knowledge and abilities to achieve whatever I want. I don't need anything or anyone else to help me out of this, I can do it on my own! And I will :D
SarahC

Postby jodie259 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:00 am

another one...

I can be given all the tools.... but I have to do the work
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby lng86 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:49 am

Only I can change my own life

This is one quote that I stick by completely! So often do we not acknowledge our own triumphs. We give the credit for our success to our PT... our family... everyone but ourselves.

However, each and every one of us has made the commitment to ourselves to lose weight and get healthy. We are the ones choosing the correct things to eat and including exercise on a regular basis. We are the ones watching portion sizes and using the stairs instead of the elevator.

Positively or negatively - we, as individuals, have the power to change our own lives for the better.

So - give yourself a pat on the back!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:30 pm

*pats self on back* :D
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:19 pm

No one else has the right to make me feel bad

Just something to remember if anyone has yelled something out to you that is derogatory about your weight, or if a friend or family member has not taken your weight loss seriously, or not believed in you through out it. You can only feel bad if you let them make you feel that way!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby chubba momma » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:47 pm

"It's no fun being the victim. I refuse to be helpless any more. I claim my own power'(unknown)

I love this quote. For far too long i have used excuses to NOT make a change, i let other people's negativity get me down. I don't deserve to stay this way. I don't want to be the victim of it any more. Its time i stood up and stood tall and claim the power!!!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Competitions