It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 am

Free Newsletter

July's Photo Scavenger Hunt - Time to vote!

Enter one of our Weightloss Forum Competitions for fun and great prizes!

Moderator: Moderators

July's Photo Scavenger Hunt - Time to vote!

Postby electrongirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:37 am

Okay, I still havn't heard anything back from Scott but thought I may aswell post the list so we can get started.

Here is the list courtesy of Cac33 & Evilwombatqueen.

I would have used all of their ideas but thought 12 was a good number so I took out light cause I thought it was similar to shiny.

1.Smile
2.Companionship
3.Hands
4.Youth
5.International culture
6.Shiny
7.Fierce
8.Water
9.Play
10.Vintage
11.Pretty
12.Mechanical

Basically you need to take a photo of something you feel matches the words or items in the list. Interpret them as you wish!

Rules:
1. All photos or pictures must belong to you. No pictures from the internet or magazines etc, however you can take a photo of something from a magazine if you are really stuck!!

2. Once you have your 12 pictures make them into a Mosiac which you can create here: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php FYI - If you have a Flickr account it makes it easier to make the mosiacs.

3. Upload your finished mosiac here with a little description of your photos etc.

If you need any help or want to ask me anything please feel free!!

Happy hunting all!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: July's Photo Scavenger Hunt

Postby electrongirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm not competing but I did a quick one so you guys can see a sample one: (my pics got a little mixed up cause I did it quick)

1.Smile
2.Hands
3.Companionship
4.Youth
5.International culture
6.Shiny
7.Fierce
8.Water
9.Play
10.Vintage
11.Pretty
12.Mechanical
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby SammyTurtle » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Wow, i like this idea :)
Is there a time limit on this?

Keep Smiling
SJ
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJXoZ59/]

SammyTurtle

Postby electrongirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Hi SJ,

The comp runs for the entire month so as long as you get your mosiac done by the end of July your in the running!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 pm

yay i've been waiting for a competition. Just have to get a camera ready heheh. its been ages since the last one hey!
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:57 pm

Ah thanks for posting the link for this thread as I didn't see it. Looks good can't wait to start it :D

Thanks for setting it up & giving a great example Nikki !!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Yay! I'm really looking forward to this!

Just a couple of questions:
1) Do we have to use that website to put our mosaics together? Or can we use our own software (such as Photoshop) to do the job?
2) In Rule 1 you say 'photos or pictures'... does that mean pictures other than photos (such as illustrations) are allowed as well? I know it's technically a photo competition, but I'm looking for an excuse to start sketching again. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby electrongirl » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:38 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Yay! I'm really looking forward to this!

Just a couple of questions:
1) Do we have to use that website to put our mosaics together? Or can we use our own software (such as Photoshop) to do the job?
2) In Rule 1 you say 'photos or pictures'... does that mean pictures other than photos (such as illustrations) are allowed as well? I know it's technically a photo competition, but I'm looking for an excuse to start sketching again. :D

You can use which ever way you like to make the mosaic, I just put that one up for those peeps who might not know how!! And I suppose sketches would be fine. I'd love to see your sketches!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:09 pm

I was thinking of entering a photo mosaic and maybe doing a sketch containing all the themes on top of that. That way I get twice the fun from the one set of themes! Of course I wouldn't expect the illustration to be a part of the official competition. I'd be doing it more as a way to kick my butt into gear and make me start doing artwork again!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Cac33 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:12 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:I was thinking of entering a photo mosaic and maybe doing a sketch containing all the themes on top of that. That way I get twice the fun from the one set of themes! Of course I wouldn't expect the illustration to be a part of the official competition. I'd be doing it more as a way to kick my butt into gear and make me start doing artwork again!

Ali you are one talented lady :D
Cass

Cac33

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:36 pm

This is so exciting!!! I have 4 out of 12 so far but am going to take my camera & list of things with me when I go for a walk tomorrow to see what else I can capture & use in the mosaic.

What a great little hobby :D
Cass

Cac33

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:58 am

hey all!!

Just wondering how your all going? And how many people are participating?

There will be a prize at the end for the winner Scott tells me so I hope you guys are still in!!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:08 pm

I've got about five photos done. I need to get out a bit more so I can take more photos!

I've finished the illustration but my damn scanner is playing up again (or should I say Windows XP on both computers is playing up again and won't recognise the scanner. Grrrr). I've taken a photo of the picture, but it's not looking as good as if it's scanned. I'm going to try and get to a scanner at uni sometime this week.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:26 pm

I'm having so much fun "hunting" around for ideas & photos. I have 8 already & have ideas for the last 4 just need to take them in good lighting.
Cass

Cac33

Postby Tarz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:03 pm

I want to be in it but i am having so much trouble finding time. Will try my best though
Tarz

Next

Return to Forum Competitions