It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Ideal Walking Distance

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Ideal Walking Distance

Postby phatcappy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:38 pm

He guys. new to the community, just had a few questions about exercise.

Currently i am walking on average about 8-10 Km's a day set walking (as in not including normal walking throughout the day, work, around the house etc) at a reasonable pace.

is this a good distance to be walking to loose weight? Or should i be doing more. Im currently male (lol) 100Kg's and want to lose around 15kg's.

Diet wise i have just started celebslim and for dinner i have 2 oranges every night, so my calorie uptake is fairly low.

Any suggestions on ideal distances everyday?
phatcappy

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:37 pm

Distance-wise, it doesn't really matter - what matters is the time you spend exercising. You should be doing at least 30 minutes daily, and up it to an hour a day if you can.

You should be walking fast enough to get out of breath, but still be able to breathe, if that makes sense! If you're not getting a bit puffed, you need to work harder!

I'm concerned that with your diet you are not getting enough essential nutrients. I don't know what's in Celebrity Slim, but I'd check it out and ask a pharmacist or wherever you get it from, and see what they recommend for dinner - I think you should be eating a meal, not just a couple of oranges!
Mandie

Postby Sas » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:36 am

In order to loose weight you need to eat healthy and exercise for 40mins 5 times a week at 60% of your max heart rate (max HR = 220=your age).

How fast are you walking? What you can do while you walk is stop and do push-ups, sit ups etc. to get your heart rate up. Perhaps add some little runs into the walk too again to get your heart rate up :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Chelle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 am

Walking sounds really good. You cound also do some things at home for toning purposes.

Just with CS eat a propper meal with dinner like it is stated I dont think that 2 oranges would be enough. you can have fish or chicken with salad or veg. it would be more filling than Oranges read the direction propely. I did it not that long ago, just before that I found out that I was pregnant again. On the other side of thing's how are you going on CS. Have you weigh yourself yet & how long have you been doing it for??
Chelle

Postby phatcappy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:49 pm

Chelle wrote:Walking sounds really good. You cound also do some things at home for toning purposes.

Just with CS eat a propper meal with dinner like it is stated I dont think that 2 oranges would be enough. you can have fish or chicken with salad or veg. it would be more filling than Oranges read the direction propely. I did it not that long ago, just before that I found out that I was pregnant again. On the other side of thing's how are you going on CS. Have you weigh yourself yet & how long have you been doing it for??

thanks for the advice.

Ive been doing cs for a week, but i kinda had a couple of bad days, and well old habbits die hard. Im gunna start from scratch tomorrow. and i will give it my best. this weight needs to go!
phatcappy

Return to Exercise Talk