It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 am

Free Newsletter

Excerising when injured ?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Excerising when injured ?

Postby JL77 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:44 pm

For the past 2 weeks I have been suffering really bad head aches (even may be migrains) and a extremly sore neck. It was that bad I honestly thought I had like a brain tumor or something :shock: So the other day I went to the dr and they tested me to see if I had glendular fever, I dont thank goodness, but I still have a sore neck and those head aches. I went to physio yesterday and I thought it felt ok until I woke up this morning with another bad head ache and a sore neck...

So what do you think I should do about excerising. Obviously I cant do anything like weights or areobics. But do you think its a good idea to go for a brisk walk or just take it easy and watch my food intake until its better?
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby bferbear » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:35 pm

All you can really do is try going for a walk and see how you feel afterwards. If you don't feel too bad then continue with it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Definitely eat really well, and ontop of that take a few neurofen or heron blue or something and go for a long, brisk walk then do some sit ups and ladies push ups. Swimming is another exercise that is good to do while you're sore.

Maybe get a massage, go to a chiro etc or something as your neck may be out and might be causing the headaches.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:36 pm

See how you go. If it starts hurting at all make sure you stop. I've tried exercising through injuries before, ignoring the warning signs, and I've ended up doing even more damage. So I highly recommend having a rest the second it starts hurting!

Do you have an exercise bike at home? Depending on your posture while riding it it may be easy on your head and neck. And it won't jar your spine like running or aerobics will.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Exercise Talk