It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 am

Free Newsletter

X-Trainers/Ellipticals

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

X-Trainers/Ellipticals

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:34 am

Hey everyone,

I went looking at a x-trainer last night and i think we're gonna buy one. I need something that i can do in my own home for how ever long i want. Somedays i cant go walking as its just too darn hot to take my boys out in the pram (im too sun conscious - they even have a UV protector over them!) Somedays i just cant fit a walk into the day.

So, a x-trainer it is. A treadmill is walking/jogging, so if i want to walk (everything permitting LOL) i can... i have a bike, so can ride when my DH gets home from work (not that im a big fan of it though) the other close contender was a rowing machine... but they are a bit more exxy and i think im more likely to use a x-trainer.

Im going out to meet my DH at a shop today in his lunch break to try out the one i want.... this one - http://www.fitnesschoice.com.au/shop/sc ... ProdID=194
Gee i hope its good! I really want it! Ive got an Aus Day party coming up and it just so happens to be a freakin pool party.... gotta look somewhat acceptable (in my books!)

Who else has got one? How often do you use it?
Fletch ~ breastfeeding my 7mo baby boy ~ loving my 2yo boy!
- on a weight loss journey to be a better me!

~ Height: 165cm ~ SW: 80.1kgs ~ CW: 66.3kgs ~ GW: 60kgs ~ Pre-PG: 64kgs ~

Fletch

Postby oostevens » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:37 am

i am renting one :)

i have put off using it cos i thought it was too hard for me to do, too much work.

But on wednesday night i tried it. I LOVE IT.

I do a program on it. which starts u off as hard and then gets easier and then hard and then easy :) for 20mins

Its like walking/jogging up a mountain and then jogging/running down over and over :)

I love it :)

Am going to use it more often :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:40 am

I use one at the gym, and I think they are awesome :)
Mandie

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:42 am

Oh cool. I've borrowed my MIL's one before (after my first baby was born) and i loved it.

Rachel, can i ask how much you pay to rent one?

Fletch

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:46 am

Oh I wish I could do this! I am just too too uncoordinated! It is on my program at the gym, but I just cant seem to do more than a couple of minutes. My partner can do the full 10 minutes, but I nearly pass out!

Am curious how much they are to rent though!
Gal Friday

Postby oostevens » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:48 am

i am $12.95 a week for 18months :) but i also rent a bike and treadmill too. I hope at the end they ask if i want to buy them. its from Radio Rentals :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:49 am

Yep, I have one at home and love it. It's particularly great when I sleep in and don't have time to go to the gym. Or, on weekend mornings when I have to start work early and the gym isn't open. I've got a TV with Foxtel in there, my radio, and a great ceiling fan. Only thing is it's in a room that catches all the afternoon sun, so can't use it in the afternoon if it's a really hot day.
SarahC

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:00 am

You'll get the hang ot it Gal Friday... maybe dont use the swinging arms at first, just the stable bar?

Rachel, thats pretty good. Is that for all 3 pieces of equipment? Do you know how much they'll be at the end of the 18mo?

Mine will be going in my study (tiled) but we dont have a ducted air con duct in this room, so i think i'll invest in a pedastool fan. DH has even grabbed some cables so that i can watch TV/movies on my computer! I'll have to wear my glasses though, my monitor is 19inches... wouldnt mind a 42inch like my plasma! LOL

Can i ask what brands you have at home? And how much you paid for it? Im trying to find the best bargain i can! LOL

Fletch

Postby oostevens » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:31 am

um all three its 75 bucks a fortnite.

radio rentals does some deal (i dont know if its with all) that u can buy the items outright after renting for $1. cos the renting amount comes to how much they cost. But i dont know if we are on that deal, i hope we are, but they never asked if we wanted a diff deal.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:48 am

oohh that is cheaper than some silly website I looked at!

And just doing the legs CAINS! The whole thing is painful. Will plug away though... when we were going to the gym often, I had built up from 1 minute to 4. lol
Gal Friday

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:00 pm

I've got one and I love it! It's a cheaper version than the ones you can rent, but it's solid enough to do the job and only cost me $100 on Ebay. It fits in front of the telly without taking over the lounge-room and handy to use while I'm watching TV!

I had to build my endurance up slowly on it, though. It's much harder than jogging! I started with five minutes, then ten then eventually up to half an hour. I love it because it not only offers a cardiovascular work-out but it provides resistance training as well.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:06 pm

I would like to introduce you all to my new baby!

Here is Marqee ME503 Heavy Duty Elliptical :lol:
MARQUEE ME503
# Console: Touch Screen - Blue backlit display, Split Screen
# Programs: 12 pre-set with 16 intensity levels, 1 x manual, 1 x user, 1watt controlled, 4 x Heart rate controlled.
# Features: Contact pulse, front transport wheels, rear stabilizer
# Tension: 16 levels electronically adjusted
# Resistance: extra strong variable tensioned magnetic resistance.
# Warranty: 4 years parts, 1 year labour

Price (RRP): $1399.00
Price inc GST: $1199.00

I managed to get it for $895! WOOT for my bargain!

Met DH at the shop (not far from his work) the one i wanted (linked above in my OP) was selling like hot cakes and they didnt have any in stock and it was gonna take 3wks for one to come in... so i jumped on a couple of others and really liked this one... so we got it.... best for cash! WOOOHOOOO

Rachel, i hope you're on that deal, that'd be kick arse if you got all your stuff for a buck after paying it off.

Yeah, EvilWombatWoman, thats what i like about them too.

Gal Friday, you're doing great, you'll be hitting it for an hour in no time ;) And yeah, if you're gonna buy one, definitely look around, i saw some for over $2000, but assumed they were for places like the gym where they'd get used for hours each day.

Fletch

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Congratulations on your purchase!!! It is beautiful! Is it home already?! Did you have a go in the shops?!

Yes, I have faith that one day I will do it! PART of my issue is that I hate that people will see that I was only on it for a couple of minutes and think I am rubbish. So I sometimes dont even try!

EVQ, that is a great price! *goes to look on ebay*
Gal Friday

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Nah, its in my car, that my hubby had to take back to work.... it fit beautifully in my car, but i had the kids with me, so had to take my hubbies car, so i could take the kids home! LOL. It was too big to go into DH's car!

So, im busting for him to come home now, so he can set it up... the spot is all ready for it! LOL. 3hrs to go! LOL.

Yeah, i had a go on it and i played with the settings etc. Its awesome! Even being Friday night, when i dont like to do any form of exercise, im jumping on it tonight! :)

Fletch

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Excellent! Are you going to name it? I think you should! I am excited for you!
Gal Friday

Next

Return to Exercise Talk