It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:38 am

Free Newsletter

Is it normal to...

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Is it normal to...

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Get period type pain in the lower back after a hard work out or run even if you don't have your period at that time or its not due?

I've been getting the exact same pain as period pain in my lower back during fitness circuit and running. I don't get it with swimming or weights though.

Just wondering if anyone else gets it, if its normal, what it means, or if i'm just weird :oops:
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:21 pm

I havent! How are your shoes? Lower back pain for me happens when I am not wearing the correct shoes, or when I have spent too much time walking around (shopping all day!). Usually this doesnt happen as easily if I have my proper trainers on.

anyway, just a starting point!
Gal Friday

Postby Juddy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:31 pm

If it's during exercise where your spine may expand/contract - so, running, jumping (and possibly riding?) etc - then it may be because you've bruised the tissue around the discs etc.

I fell out of an attic a few months ago, flat onto my back from about 6 feet. I had bruising around the spine, so even now I sometimes have discomfort when doing exercises where the spine expands/contracts or has pressure from weights on it.

If it keeps occuring, try and see a physio.
Juddy

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks guys. My runners are only cheapies from target, but they're comfy and they fit well.

The thing is, as soon as my heart rate comes down and i'm finished, the pain is gone, its only present during the really intense parts. And its not an 'ow, i've hurt something' back pain, it is that throbbing period like pain.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Yes!!! I had that once when I was on my cross-trainer. I was going at it very hard though. I think I was a bit enthusiastic, that's why it happened.

I also had the same thing when I sung karaoke back in Feb, last year, 07. I have a very quiet voice and the music was very loud, so I was straining heaps, so maybe that's why. Plus the fright of singing in front of all those people :lol:
SarahC

Return to Exercise Talk