It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:11 am

Free Newsletter

getting uncomfortable/high intensity

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

getting uncomfortable/high intensity

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:19 am

Hi guys

Just wanted to share about the workout I did yesterday. I got my weights over in done with, and then my cardio (not a big cardio fan)
Prior the gym yesterday me and my partner were talking about, doing it hard, (high intensity), going to that place of where you know your burning and you just huffing and puffing!!!!! however this is the place that I dont like, which is the place that really counts if you wanna get results!

well yesterday at the gym, I went to that place and remained, :shock: it really takes your state of mind to a different level...when I get to this place, this is where I start to talk to myself 8) I say things like "Mind over matter", "It's only in my mind" however yesterday, I got real un-comfortable, and I was just dripping with sweat :D and I never let myself go this far...

I really just wanted to share that with you all, as it is a battle that I have, and that I need to start to just get the hang of and love I geuss.......
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby sassi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 am

did you get the total high afterwards? it's hard work when you're in that space, but afterwards i usually feel fantastic!
sassi

Postby bferbear » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:07 am

I know what you mean. I did a weights session this morning and during it I felt like my shoulders were on fire. I wasn't doing particularly heavy weights, just lots of sets of 20 reps with them. I had to mentally remind myself why I was doing this for the last 4 or 5 sets just to keep going. My PT did tell me that he was going to punish me today (our first session for the year) apparently he saw me on NYE absolutely blind drunk after I told him I had pretty much given up drinking.

When I finished I was shaking that hard that I had to sit for 15 mins before I could drive home, but I feel absolutely fantastic now.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby Mummyof3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:54 am

Yeah I have just been feeling awesome, after I have been hardout at my cardio, yesterday was a shocker, I actually ran on the treadmill for a whole 8mins..and yesterday all the pain and sweat, gave my day a massive as high, the best ever....

This is what made me laugh
apparently he saw me on NYE absolutely blind drunk after I told him I had pretty much given up drinking.
fancy that ay... :lol: and i do agree, everything really when it comes down to it, is the mentality....

when I was on the bike yesterday, levels 9-10, 1min 9 1min 10, I so just wanted to stop, I had to repeat alot of things to myself....I was just soaked up in sweat, it's amazing what the body can achieve, when you actually speak to it :lol:
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby sassi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:51 am

totally agree - the body is amazing & capable of so much, it's my brain that stops me a lot of the time! just gotta talk nicely to the body & tell it that it can achieve!!

bferbear - :lol: that's classic! but i know what you mean about thinking about why you're doing it to get you through. i also think about things that have annoyed me during the day and just sweat them right out!
sassi

Postby milkyway » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:24 am

THat is so cool. It what I tell people all the time about running - 20% physical, 80% mental. And it's kind of like banging your head against the wall - it feels great when you stop! But there is a point in there for me, at about 6 - 7km when the endorphins kick in and I feel like I could take on the world :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Exercise Talk