It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Can anyone help?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Can anyone help?

Postby Hopeless » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:20 pm

This may sound silly but I have been reading some entries and I was just wondering the people that are having water and lemon juice in the morning. Are you finding this helps, and in which way? I have heard it help with bowels. Another thing I was windering if anyone nows anything about. Now this may sound really silly, but I heard it somewhere. I walk, but I am inclined to walk with my mouth open (thereby breathing thru my mouth), but I was told it is better (and you burn more calories) to breath in your nose and out your mouth when you walk. Does anyone know, or is this just plain stupid.

You put it (food) in your mouth, so you cannot blame anybody else for your body weight...take charge now.....
Hopeless

Postby Dolly » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:50 pm

Yes I remember one of the times I went to weight watchers the topic was about burning more calories if you pant.
We were told to breathe in and out with our mouths opened (like a dog does when it walks)
Everytime I walked by someone I would breathe normally so as not to embarras myself but once I was alone again I panted, seemed to work.
Dolly

Postby carleyjt » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:51 am

Hi Helene,

I drink warm water and lemon and i think it helps me. Firstly because yes it seems to cleanse my system (like clockwork :oops: ) before i start the day and also i hate eating as soon as i get up so this way it helps get my insides working while putting off breakfast for a while. If this makes any sense.

Have not heard about the panting thing. Will have to try it.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby Angel » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:39 pm

Hey Hopeless,

I haven't heard about the panting thing but the hot lemon water in the morning is something I do every day and it definitely works for me. I was having problems with regularity :oops: and this seems to help.

From Dr Gillain McKeith book - You Are What You Eat:
Squeeze some fresh lemon into warm water as desired. Warm water with lemon allows a gentle start to the day, as it goes straight through to the bowels, helping to expel faecal matter from the day before. (Cold water, first thing in the morning, shocks and stops at the tummy, thus creating gas or bloating).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Thanks to all....

Postby Hopeless » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:09 pm

Just a quick thank you for your time in answering my queries. Today was not a good day. I blew my eating program. It is that I get soooooo mad :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :( and then I eat. I know it could have been a lot worse, (but I refuse to buy things like biscuits and icecream, chocolate, etc etc etc. But I was going out today and so I made two slices to take. But I thought I would leave some at our place for my other half. (wrong move and I will not do that again, either I take it all or the dog gets it......the dog walks more than I do, as he walks with my partner and myself..) It could have been a lot worse, it was only 4 small slices, and 3 sandwiches. No alchol, no chocolat, no lollies, no chips, I did have celery, to fill up. But that was before I got real real mad :twisted: :evil: :( Anyway thanks again, (sorry about venting so much but I thought I had this under control) Tomorrow is a new day ..... and I will start all over again, and do twice as many exercise.. and push and push myself more. Hopeless

You put it (food) in your mouth, so you cannot blame anybody else for your body weight...take charge now.....
Hopeless

Postby Angel » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:12 pm

Oh Hopeless,
I'm sorry to hear you blew your eating program but you've got the right idea, tomorrow is another day. Learn from it and move on.

When I need to take something when visiting I always try to take something that I can eat, you know a salsa dip and an assortment of vegies, pita chips, rice snacks etc, a platter of fruit or make a slice or cake that is 'diet' friendly - something you can eat that won't blow the budget, . There's nothing worse than feeling like you are missing out on all the good stuff.

You see I'm not on a diet, I'm changing my lifestyle so I find ways that I can incorporate every factor, like visiting, parties etc into my life and still remain true to my goal of eating healthy.

Don't be too hard on yourself,
Angel
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Return to Exercise Talk