It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:04 pm

Free Newsletter

exercising at home?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

exercising at home?

Postby matchbox » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:02 pm

hey guys, i wanna start doing some stuff at home, hopefully start toning up a little. any suggestions? like lunges, squats, i'm not sure if these would help? also i have 2 small dumbbells, i think they're 3kg each. i really have no idea! lol. any help would be appreciated muchly :D
Have FAITH in yourself

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:10 pm

I've just replied to this in your thread in the Personal Progress section, but I thought I'd copy and paste my answer here in case it can help anyone else looking for home exercise ideas!

There are some great home workouts at SparkPeople:

They have free online workout videos. I've found them pretty good when I can't think of what to do! Here's the direct link:

Another thing you could do is wrap some phone books in a towel to create an aerobics step. Then you can just put your favourite music on and step away for half an hour or so.

Hope this helps!

Postby dannyboi » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:59 pm

My home personal trainer is pretty useful if you have dumbells and a fitness ball.

I've just been doing repetitions with my 10kg dumbell, which does work but only focuses on the arms. Push-ups and sit-ups are alright to do as well. Been having pretty miserable weather so I've been using my exercise bike for a bit of cardio.
Throw in a few tablets of Fatblaster and hopefully something is happening :)
- danny

Postby oostevens » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:29 pm

i do squats and lunges :p and tricep dips and crunches and pushups and weights :)

i find they work super well. my legs are toning and same with my arms and back.

i do 3 sets of 30 crunches, 2 sets of 10 womens pushups, 5 mens, 2 sets of 10 tricep dips, 2 sets of 20 lunges (ouch) and 20 squats, 2 sets of 10 weights per arm :p

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby ellecee » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:50 pm

There is so much that can be done at home..
3kg dumbells are a great weight to use and incorporate with your squats, lunges and situps. You can work every muscle group with dumbells.

Over a period of time we've bought equipment along the way.
I do weights, fitball, boxing, exercise bike, and workout with medicine ball and resistance bands.

I really love working out at home. I also have a workout buddy who comes around 3x week. keeps us both accountable.

LC :)
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~

Return to Exercise Talk