It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 am

Free Newsletter

Why do I...

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Why do I...

Postby zojo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:34 pm

yawn my head off everytime I go to do a Swiss Ball workout (using DVD)?? :shock: :roll: :?

It doesn't matter what time of day I do my workout, as soon as I sit my butt on that ball, I always start yawning. :? It's really annoying.

When I'm on the bike or the Tready I don't yawn. Hmmmmmnn..

I always do it in the lounge room so I can use Hubby's big screen telly :P and I have the windows and blinds shut so nobody can see me *giggles like a school girl :lol: :oops: *

Maybe I need to put some fresh air in the room or something..???

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem + why it is happening??

Thanx my Lovelies :wink:

zojo.
START WEIGHT:80kgs
CURRENT WEIGHT:76kgs
6 WK CHALLENGE:76kgs
12 WK CHALLENGE:70kgs
ULTIMATE GOAL:60kgs
zojo

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Well yawning can happen when you're tired or when your body needs more oxygen. You could try some deep breathing techniques. Big, long breaths in through the nose, out through the mouth, while using your stomach muscles so your tummy doesn't fill with air, you want to breath with your ribs, not your belly if that makes sense.

Maybe you find the ball more relaxing? Do you feel tired when doing it? If not, its probably your body needing oxygen. You could try put some upbeat music on to get your in more of a workout mood :)
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby zojo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:00 am

Thanx for taking the time to answer my :?: Fi.

I'm always tired :roll: I think it comes with my job unfortunately..(I have 4am rises everyday - except weekends)..I start work @ 5 am Mon - Fri and then come home to 2 energetic Toddlers :shock: :D

I might try the breathing techniques and see if they make any difference to me..I also might try opening a window to let some air flow thru too :wink: :lol:
START WEIGHT:80kgs
CURRENT WEIGHT:76kgs
6 WK CHALLENGE:76kgs
12 WK CHALLENGE:70kgs
ULTIMATE GOAL:60kgs
zojo

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:07 am

Oh wow, you really have your hands full :shock: !

How much sleep would you get on average a night? Are you drinking plenty of water (2ltrs or more daily) and eating lots of fruit and veg and things? That will help increase your energy too.

Yep, opening a window along with breathing should help you out.

Let me know how you go :)
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby zojo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Fiona25 wrote:Oh wow, you really have your hands full :shock: !

Errrr..yep I sure do..!! eeeeeekkkkkk :shock: I have a 2.5 y.o. Son and a 3 y.o. Daughter :D

Fiona25 wrote:How much sleep would you get on average a night?

I don't sleep very well at night :?

I'm usually in bed by 8.30pm and crash it pretty much straight away..however after a few hours of sleep, I start clock watching for the rest of the night until my alarm goes off :roll: :?

Fiona25 wrote:Are you drinking plenty of water (2ltrs or more daily) and eating lots of fruit and veg and things? That will help increase your energy too.

Yeah I drink 2 Ltrs + easy, I love my water. :wink: and yeah..I eat plenty of vegies and fruit...lately I've been eating more salady type vegies rather than "hot" vegies...as for fruit..I eat an Apple + Banana at smoko everyday...

I just think it's more to do with the hours I work and the fact that I'm unfit :oops: I don't really know for sure tho.

Fiona25 wrote:Let me know how you go :)

Okay, I will do Hun. thanx so much for your advice. :D :D

zojo.
zojo

Return to Exercise Talk