It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

What Puts You Off Exercise?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

What Puts You Off Exercise?

Postby chocoholic » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:55 pm

The heading says it, what puts you off?
For me, one of them is sweating. I just hate it. The feeling and the look of a sweaty face. My hair takes ages to dry aswell.
#2, I'm embarrassed of people seeing me exercise.
#3, I'm anemic and always tired, exercise only makes me more tired.

posts yours :)
SW: 91 kg
CW: 94.7 kg
GW: 70 kg

Goals:
1. 91kg (my original SW)
2. 85.5kg (BMI in 'overweight' category)
3. 80kg
4. 75kg
5. 70kg (BMI in 'Normal' weight range)

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSSKqVQ/
chocoholic

Re: What Puts You Off Exercise?

Postby electrongirl » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:00 pm

I don't like the sweating either, also I am very unfil and get out of breath easily and I feel like I might die!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby chocoholic » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:06 pm

I'm really unfit too, get really out of breath and chest pains.
SW: 91 kg
CW: 94.7 kg
GW: 70 kg

Goals:
1. 91kg (my original SW)
2. 85.5kg (BMI in 'overweight' category)
3. 80kg
4. 75kg
5. 70kg (BMI in 'Normal' weight range)

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSSKqVQ/
chocoholic

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:18 pm

For me its that Im limited at the moment due to my heaviness, so I cant jump in a pool, can't go to a gym, can't buy any fitness products because of the weight limitations.

I work around it though :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby chubba momma » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:52 pm

interuption. I find it hard to work out around the two kids as i constantly have to stop and i feel like its not worth it, im better of waiting till they go to bed and do an hour or so rather then 5 mins then break then 10 mins etc. I feel i get more out of it.

I hate to be watched be others, even my partner, i feel very self concious of the bits that wobble! And how unfit i am,. Put me in a room on my own and i will slog it out on the treadmill and enjoy the thrill of beating my own goal (eg if i say 2 kms i will get to 3 or whatever)

I USED to get put off my chafing, but i got a pair of three quater work out pants and they dont run up my butt when im running, prevent chaffing and are just comfy as (just a cheapo pair from Big w).

Im not put off my sweat any more, infact when i fifnished my 5 km run, i was dripping and came into my partner red faced shaky but so proud! So teh more i sweat teh more i enjoy it casue i know i am working my ass oof :D :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Helena08 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 pm

The only thing that puts me off is the sweating like others have said.

My hair is really frizzy and boofy so I have to straighten it after I wash it, therefore if I was too go to the gym every day Id have to wash my hair every day AND straighten it as I sweat so much.

I know that sounds really princessy but its just the way it goes!
Helena08

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:17 pm

The fact that I'd rather be sitting on the couch watching telly and drinking wine. Seriously. If it weren't for that I'd be the exercise QUEEN!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:26 pm

I'm with you EWQ!!!

Once I'm actually at the gym, I really enjoy it!! The hardest part is actually GETTING there!! I go straight to the gym from work every night now....if I go home, that's the end of me!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Fireball » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:34 am

I'm with you Helen. It is difficult to exercise without ending up injured. My dog has a heart condition & only wallks for 10 minutes. 5 minutes out, rest for a couple of mnutes then 5 mins home, dragging her. Over the years, when I start regular exericse i get injured. Currently I am seeng a physio & doing exercises for my knees, shoulder and neck. My next areas to work on will be my back, calf muscles and shins. It is worth the money as I am identifying areas of pain &/or weakness and working on them to avoid injuries which will limit my activity.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby sassi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:14 am

i allow lots of things to put me off but the main excuse i use is tiredness - i'm too tired to get up earlier for work, too tired to exercise when i get home etc. even tho i know that exercising helps overcome tiredness :?

but once i start, i love it. i actually enjoy sweating :oops:
sassi

Postby shelbel » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am

As i discovered today, jiggling bits! I went for a little bit of a jog and good thing i wore a baggy tshirt because i could feel things jiggling about! :shock: Yuk, and of course the fizzy hair, never a good look! Nor the bright red face, i went for the trifecta today! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby SarahC » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm put off by the fact that I can't stay at the gym as long as I would like to because I have to go to work!! :evil:

Also....
- Being stuck on a treadmill next to someone who has really bad body odour, or worse, bad breath (some ppl come to the gym in the morning without brushing their teeth, then puff and pant with their mouths open, yuck!!!!)
- When the changerooms are filled with squealing children
- Filthy changerooms that never get cleaned (hair on floors, water everywhere, and the other day... cigarette butts!!)
- Channel V. It's the same songs over and over and over again :evil: You would think a channel that does nothing but play music would have a little more variety!
- Triple J.... god it's awful.
- Music that's too loud, or not loud enough
- People that don't wipe up their sweat
- When the machine that you want gets taken, less than 1 minute before you're ready to use it (like I'm on the treadmill, planning to go onto the stepper, then when I have less than a minute to go on the treadmill, someone jumps on the stepper). It happens all the time and drives me insane!! :roll:

I could go on, but think that's enough lol. Mainly it's the boring, repetitive music that's getting me down at the moment..

But, I'd much rather put up with all those things than to not go at all :wink:
SarahC

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:22 am

I must be crazy because I LOVE to sweat! It makes me feel like i've worked really hard :D

The only thing that puts me off is tiredness and exhaustion. I love to exercise but when I work full 10hr days on my feet (only a few days a week) I just don't have the energy to work out when I get home. I make up for it on my days off though!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Sussy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:05 am

I don't like sweating either, but i have to admit, i feel great after a shower and really rejuvinated and better for having exercised once it's over.

I also have 2 children one is 6 months old so i'm a bit limited on the exercise front, but i take bubba for 2 walks a day, during his nap times which is great for him and me and i really enjoy just getting out of the house. I do however HATE THE FLIES, they're REVOLTING, DISGUSTING, FILTHY, HORRIFIC, DIRTY, FOUL, REPULSIVE little insects and i CAN"T STAND THEM, especially on my face, but i persist and now Summer will be over soon so they will all BUZZ OFF!!!! (pun intended...heheh)

Also dislike being watched when doing my aerobics in the lounge coz i know i'm not as trim, taut, terrific and co-ordinated as those hot bods on the TV, but again, i just do it. :)
Sussy

Postby JL77 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:56 pm

To be honest I just dont like it.
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Next

Return to Exercise Talk