It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:54 am

Free Newsletter

What Puts You Off Exercise?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What Puts You Off Exercise?

Postby CathyLee » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:54 pm

Nothing really puts me off, its just getting the motivation to do it, especially going to a gym! However I just recently purchased a home gym from and that has certainly got me motivated to exercise regularly! I love using my new elliptical crosstrainer :mrgreen:

Postby Pandora » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:59 am

ugh, i just loathe the pain of it. when doing push-ups, squats and so on, i find it so hard to tolerate any kind of discomfort. exercising feels like pain! i know that's just the fat girl in me thinking though. i also tend to get obsessive about things and stop enjoying it. i feel great after i work out, all airy-fairy and clear minded! i guess i dislike committing to something that HURTS!

pandora :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:39 pm

- really heavy rain (cause let's face it, who wants to be riding in wet clothes), but I don't mind a little shower or light drizzle on and off
- really strong wind. I cannot state how much I hate wind. And it is HELL on a bike if it's cross wind, and if it's against you, well, kiss goodbye to beating your PB time home!! Not so bad if it's with you though :P
- really heavy frost. If the road is sparkly, it's very pretty, but very, very scary, especially on corners. And if it's that cold I have to wear 2 pairs of gloves which is uncomfortable.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 pm

I just hate being annoyed while Im trying to exercise, its my selfish time LOL My de-stress happy time :)
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

Postby Tarz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:04 am

What really annoys me is when i go for a jog/walk. Cars go past and beep their horn or guys hang out of their windows and cheer. I'm not stupid enough to think that i am actually sexy when i go out. I'll be wearing 3/4 pants and a singlet top of sorts. If i wanted to be honked at i'd be out there wearing mini shorts and a crop top flashing loads of skin and doing a baywatch run. When they beep i get rather self conscious.

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Having to wash my hair every day!! It takes SO long to dry....
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)

Postby leeni.s2 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:46 pm

sweating definately puts me off. because me hair gets all wet and i have to wash it, eveerrrryday!!
but then i think, if im sweating this much, i must be doing something right.
or maybe im just that unfit. hahaha

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet

Postby phatcappy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:42 pm

Biggest three for me are:

1) Sweating

2) Chafing

3) The Gym is a 20 minute drive away and annoying to find a car park.

since ive lost weight chafing isnt really an issue anymore, but i still have scars to remind me :(
Start Weight: 109 Kg's

Current Weight: 91.2 Kg's

Mini Goal Weight:90 Kg's

Ultimate Goal Weight: 83 Kg's

Postby GumBoots » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:02 pm

TBH, I have 3 kids and when I spend 30 mins to an hour of exercise I always think "Oh I should be doing the dishes instead of this" or "I need to be hanging those clothes out" "I should be resting now". I have taken care of everyone else for so long I dont know how to care for myself.
I was riding my exercise bike but found I needed the time out of the house so I didn't find an excuse to get off it. I love walking the streets :D

Postby Bel Diamante » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:29 pm

1. Getting stared down by this one old bat who coincedently happens to come to the gym just as I'm there, then spends her time staring at me whilst I'm sweating away.

2. I too am just about finished on one machine and am about to step onto another when someone cuts in..... grrrrr!!!

3. The ppl who don't follow the flashing lights for the cardio circuit and spend longer on the machine than they should, only for me to try to hurry within 15secs to find the next available machine. If they want to work out on the stepper then use the 3 steppers NOT in the circuit.

But apart from that, I love the gym, and I love the accomplished feeling I get afterwards.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby bron34 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Fiona25 wrote:I must be crazy because I LOVE to sweat! It makes me feel like i've worked really hard :D

The only thing that puts me off is tiredness and exhaustion. I love to exercise but when I work full 10hr days on my feet (only a few days a week) I just don't have the energy to work out when I get home. I make up for it on my days off though!

Ditto! Makes me feel like i've worked hard to. The big thing thats puts me off is the servere pain that i get in my right knee, and as much as i love swimming i get really embarrassed coming out of the dressing room to the pool. If i get the courage to go i speed walk to the edge and jump in really quickly or i make my daughter walk directly behind me so no one can see my butt (although i'm sure her size 6 frame doesn't hide me much :oops: ).

Postby Sussy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 pm

One thing i really hate is when your out exercising and a big stinky truck or bus goes past and you get a nice big lung full of fumes. BLAH!

Postby LillyPilly » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:22 pm

I do not have a problem with sweating, my problem is motivation to get out of bed and face the day. Once I have gone for a walk I feel better about the day.

Postby nutzy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:36 pm

Nothing puts me off exercise at the moment. I am totally driven. I am obsessed with getting leaner and more toned and am determined that it will happen - it's the driving force in my life and it keeps me sane. I am not overjoyed about sweating, or the pain I feel but I will do it if it does what it says on the box.

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

Postby Searching501 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:26 pm

like some of the others i actually really enjoy sweating as i feel as though i've worked hard and will lose weight. I don't like when there are only 2 or 3 other people in the class, as i feel as though the instructor is paying us all too much attention and i feel self conscious, i would rather be in a packed class and be invisible! Also, like others have mentioned, there are just 20 others things i would rather be doing, like putting my feet up with a glass of wine and relaxing!

Return to Exercise Talk