It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Free Newsletter

What do you want to try?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

What do you want to try?

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:57 pm

What type of exercise do you want to do that you either don't have access to, is expensive, fun or challenging?

I REALLY want to do rock climbing with those fake rock walls. I think there is one at Surfers Paradise where we'll be going on holidays near later this month. I reckon it would be fun and challenging. Does anyone know a rough price estimate?

I'd also like to do absailing but am a bit scared of heights, I tried it when I was 15 on a school survival camp and completely freaked out though :oops:

Can't think of anything else, but I might get some fun suggestions off you guys :)
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Re: What do you want to try?

Postby bferbear » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:09 pm

There used to be indoor rock climbing in "The Mark" in Orchid Ave in Surfers. I assume it is still there although I haven't been inside that arcade for about 18 months or more. There is also a large centre at West Burleigh (about 10kms south of Surfers).

I really want to go whitewater rafting again once I get a bit fitter. I have been a few times before and had an absolute ball, however I will wait until I am under 120kgs before considering it again.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Rock climbing is heaps of fun! I'm terrified of heights but I managed to do it :)

I'd like to try pole dancing, fencing, absailing, surfing.. I'm sure there are more!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby ali76 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:20 pm

Ooohh.....GREAT question!

I have SO many....Pole Dancing is definately one :P ! It looks like so much fun but is so, so expensive. I'd also like to do indoor rock climbing, ice skating and skiing (loved doing this in the UK), swimming and running (can't seem to get the breathing thing right?!), abseiling, touch football AND want to get back into my netball.

The hardest thing for me is I have no one to go with me!! Anyone in Adelaide....?! :wink:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Sussy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:27 pm

Yeah i'd like to try pole dancing, but i'm so unco-ordinated with 2 left feet i'd just look like a fool.

Also i'd like to try rock climbing, but i think i'd be too scared....

Would love to try surfing and water skiing too but again to unco for that.

I also love the trampoline, but when i hop on my daughters i worry i'll go straight through it and when i bounce everything wobbles and continues to do so long after i've stopped....not keen on that feeling..hehe :)
Sussy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 pm

There are so many things I want to try!

I'd love to try rock-climbing, pole-dancing, hip-hop dancing, windsurfing, kayaking, and kite-surfing. I'd also love to attend a circus skills workshop one day. Unfortunately right now the spirit is willing but the bank balance isn't too keen. :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby matchbox » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:56 pm

horse riding :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby emmaline » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:01 pm

I'd love to try surfing!
Did a class at Byron Bay with all my girlfriends two yrs ago and I was awful!
I just don't have the upper body strength but it's something I'd love to get good at.

I'd also like to do a fun-run or something like that.
I was never a good runner and now it's my exercise of choice, so it would be great to prove to myself I could do it!
emmaline

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:14 pm

matchbox wrote:horse riding :)

Come visit me Lexi and you can have free lessons on one of my old quiet horses :D Horse riding is lots of fun, much harder than it looks though thats for sure. Once you're skilled and used to it and riding everyday everthing becomes 2nd nature.

Fiona25

Postby bferbear » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:14 pm

After emmaline posted "funrun" on here I did some investigation and although you can't register until April, my boss and I are going to do the 7.5km walk section of the Gold Coast Marathon in July. I wanted to sign up for the 10km run, but he reckons that was a little too ambitious at the moment.

His wife was with us when i suggested it, so we are now commited. There is no way on Earth she will let us pike out of this one.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby emmaline » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:19 pm

That's a great idea bferbear!
I might follow your lead!
emmaline

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:13 pm

My partner and I also want to do the City-Bay in September in Adelaide....he's in training by running almost every night (he's gotten up to 2.5km without stopping now!) but I'm a terrible runner and would like to walk it!

Anyone else in Adelaide doing it?!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby matchbox » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Fiona25 wrote:
matchbox wrote:horse riding :)

Come visit me Lexi and you can have free lessons on one of my old quiet horses :D Horse riding is lots of fun, much harder than it looks though thats for sure. Once you're skilled and used to it and riding everyday everthing becomes 2nd nature.

sounds great Fi :wink: now only if we lived in the same state... hehe :lol: don't worry, i think it looks difficult haha spesh cos horses are so big :shock: i just think it would be fun to give it a go!
how many horses do you have? :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:31 pm

I've got 6 horses Lexi. 1 is my big boy - main competition horse, then I have a little galloway for showing, a lovely broodmare that I want to bring back into work, a baby who is only 14 months old and 2 oldies that I use as lead horses for disabled clients - they're really quiet as you can imagine.

I should sell the galloway as I don't ride him enough to warrant his expenses BUT I love him so much and i'm terrible for parting with animals - I can't do it!

Well, if you're ever in NSW... :D

Fiona25

Return to Exercise Talk