It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Free Newsletter

AB KING PRO

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

AB KING PRO

Postby anthony88 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:51 pm

hey guys, does anyone own a ab king pro??? they pump the advertisment for it on TV.. just want to know if anyones owns one and if they are really as good as what it looks?? thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Re: AB KING PRO

Postby ali76 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:54 pm

My sister has one and never used it! I've tried it a few times and it hurt my back.

I still use the very simple Ab Swing - the ones you use laying on the ground...and I love it.
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby bferbear » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:56 pm

Speaking as someone roughly the same size as you, don't buy one yet. It will just sit there unused until you drop another 20kgs or so. I don't own one but friends of mine do and i have attempted to use theirs. It has a published maximum weight of 120kgs and with most things I ignore this as it is usually just there for liability purposes, in this instance I would be wary using it if I was over 110kgs.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby bferbear » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:57 pm

The other thing to remember is that you cannot spot reduce. Working your abs will not make you lose body fat around your stomach.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby Karnak » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:29 am

I do a lot of ab work and while you can't spot reduce, toning the muscles up around the waist area can pull bits in and make it a bit less flabby.

Fitballs are also great for situps as you can chose your level of difficulty.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:22 pm

I HATE the add for this product because it leads people to believe they can have a firm stomach from using this product when it WON'T!

Sure, it will work the stomach muscles but its not going to burn off all the fat from that area. Good old cardio will burn the fat, the ab king and other products alike will build those muscles so you have something there when the fat is gone.

I think they're a rip off. If you have a look on ebay you will find similar products, brand new for less than half the price.

I've bought a budget named cross trainer and leg magic off ebay and saved hundreds of $ and they work just as well!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby anthony88 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:29 pm

Fiona25 wrote:I HATE the add for this product because it leads people to believe they can have a firm stomach from using this product when it WON'T!

Sure, it will work the stomach muscles but its not going to burn off all the fat from that area. Good old cardio will burn the fat, the ab king and other products alike will build those muscles so you have something there when the fat is gone.

I think they're a rip off. If you have a look on ebay you will find similar products, brand new for less than half the price.

I've bought a budget named cross trainer and leg magic off ebay and saved hundreds of $ and they work just as well!

ok im going to sound so dumb here but what is cardio exercise?? ahha sorry this exercise fitness thing is all news to me lol...
[/url]

anthony88

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:35 pm

Cardio means heart - so exercise that will get your heart pumping - whether it be sport, running, jumping, aerobics, etc... :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:05 pm

Just to elaborate on what Ali said. Cardio is short for cardiovascular meaning it works your cardiovascular system, eg getting your heart rate up. There are lots of different cardio exercises. A few are walking, running, swimming, dancing, fitness circuit, gym equipments such as treadmill, exercise bike, cross trainer, rower, then of course there are lots of sports such as martial arts, tennis, football, hockey etc etc and then gym classes like step, aerobics, combat etc.

So basically EVERYONE regardless of whether they need to lose weight or not should do a minimum of 30minutes cardio exercise a day. It is good for the heart, body, mind etc.

If you can work up to 1hr a day (you can even take a day off a week, or have a few 30min days) then it will be great not only for your weightloss but toning, heart and general health :)

Then there is your toning type exercises such as weights, ab work etc and you have your low impact exercise too such as yoga, pilates, tai chi etc etc.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby anthony88 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:05 pm

yeah cool i knew cardio had to do with your hear rate, but yeah that makes it heaps clearier on the excerise part of things.. thanks guys
[/url]

anthony88

Postby SarahC » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:02 am

LOL, I don't have an Ab King Pro.... but, I can recite the ad word for word!!!! :evil: :evil:

GGGRRRAAAAAAHHHH!!!
SarahC

Postby chris_burrell » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:55 pm

has anyone more than 6ft 3" tall or there abouts used the ab king pro, i have used cheaper models and find it extremely awkward and nearly impossible, i was thinking i may be too tall for it (the cheaper model) and was wondering if the ab king pro would work better?
chris_burrell

Return to Exercise Talk