It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:04 am

Free Newsletter

difficulty toning up after wight loss

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

difficulty toning up after wight loss

Postby chris_burrell » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Last year lost 25+ kg in a few months, now i do weights, sit-ups and a few other upper body exercises. i am trying to tone my upper body and abdominal region but i am having difficulty. i do 200 or more sit ups most nights along with some walking and running for my abs and dumbell presses and other pectoral excercises, but it doesn't seem to be working. I still have a flabby layer over most of my lower stomach area and pectoral region, but i don't think it is fat because i weigh about 72-73 kg and i am 6ft 3" tall so my bmi indicates that i am in the lower half of the healthy weight zone, is it possible to have 'extra skin' leftover, and what is the best way to get rid of this, without having any major, expensive :wink: surgical procedures? I upped my cardio levels, but that only had minute results after more than a month.
any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Cheer, Chris
chris_burrell

Re: difficulty toning up after wight loss

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:22 pm

wow u have done really well, im not sure theres much u can do, if its what i think it is like what people call 'apron belly skin'. i guess u can always ring ur local gym for any suggestions and there are some p.t's on here who might see ur post and might be a bit more help.
soon2bayummymummy

Re: difficulty toning up after wight loss

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Hi Chris,

Firstly, congrats on the weight loss.

Secondly, what you are describing, sounds like you have lose skin. Sorry dude, unfortunately there isn't much targeting exercises that you can do to reduce this. Unfortunately you're only option may be surgery. Best to consult with a doctor and have a consult.

saggy skin usually occurs when you a) lose the weight too quickly - as you aren't allowing your body to adjust to the weight loss or b) the skins elasticity has been stretched to capacity.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Return to Exercise Talk