It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Jump Snap

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Jump Snap

Postby SarahC » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:33 pm

I bought a Jump Snap ropeless skipping rope, it arrived yesterday.

After a lot of yelling and screaming, trips to the hardware shop to get many screwdrivers, and a nice sore blister on my hand..... I have finally managed to remove the cover to the battery compartment to get the batteries in. That took me all night last night, from about 8pm till 11pm, god it was a pain!!!

Anyway, gonna try it out tonight (my gym's shut for renovations tonight :( ). Hope I like it, because it is just the right size to fit in my suitcase when I go of travelling :mrgreen:

Has anyone else heard of it, or have got one???

Website I think is http://www.jumpsnap.com

Wish me luck!!
SarahC

Re: Jump Snap

Postby Cac33 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey Sarah

That looks like fun! Where did you get it from & how much did it cost?

Let me know how you go once you have tried it!
Cassie
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:31 pm

Holy :lol: A jump rope without the rope lol.

How strange is it to use?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby electrongirl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:46 pm

I'm going to be a smart ass and ask "Why do you need it if it doesn't have the rope?" couldn't you just pretend you have them in your hands and do the same thing for free?
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby SarahC » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:21 am

Well the handles have weights in them, plus there is a ball on a short rope, so it actually feels as though you are skipping. It makes you use your arms, wheras if you were just "pretending" you wouldn't be so much. Plus it also records your time, number of jumps and calories, so it's a bit more motivating...

I have tried it once, and will have a few more goes thoughout the week. It comes with a couple of DVD's which is great, there's an 8 minute and a 12 minute workout, plus a "jam session" which I have not yet investigated!

My knee's dodgy though, so I just cannot do the jumping jacks (major pain, ouch!!) and have to be really carefull doing the normal jumping. Going from one foot to the other is fine though, that doesn't hurt at all. Stupid knees!!!

Where did I get it... think it was Global Shop Direct, something like that. The same mob that sells those damn ab king pro's lol :roll: It was around $89 I think. There was ONE on eBay when I checked and that sold for $65. I would say keep checking eBay as more may get added and the price may eventually go down as there's more there....

Or, you might be able to buy mine if my knee goes completely bung :lol: :lol: :lol:
SarahC

Return to Exercise Talk