It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

walking

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

walking

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:40 pm

As you know I am not a fan of excerise, but I dont mind walking and playing sport, So I am going to con my hubby into coming down to the netball court with me sometimes and then after we can compramise and go to the footy field.

But my quiestion is, if this doesnt become a regular thing is walking everyday enough to lose weight if your eating the right foods as well??

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: walking

Postby brendong » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:54 pm

I wasn't a fan of exercise until i found out that i was actually working out to intensely and feeling uncomfortable.

Walking regularly is a good start & getting hubby involved is great idea, since it should be more enjoyable and your far more likely to continue doing it if there is some external motivator.

It is however important to raise your heart rate for the correct duration when you exercise to gain optimum fat loss & the additional life time benefits as i mentioned here. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14317#p129800

So i guess... as long as you keep your heart rate in the right zone. Yes!
If you go to high you get into the anaerobic range and the benefits for fat loss are actually diminished - it becomes more of an endurance benefit.

if its to low.. its great your doing something but the benefit is not really there.

Over time you'll get probably bored with just walking.. and want to spruce it up a little with some different activities or adding some intervals of higher intensity (a short run then walk).

But for now.. just keep at it and enjoy the routine of doing it.

Cheers

Brendon
brendong

Re: walking

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:08 pm

holly80 wrote:As you know I am not a fan of excerise, but I dont mind walking and playing sport, So I am going to con my hubby into coming down to the netball court with me sometimes and then after we can compramise and go to the footy field.

But my quiestion is, if this doesnt become a regular thing is walking everyday enough to lose weight if your eating the right foods as well??

Look at how much weight John from TBL lost and he was only walking !!!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Return to Exercise Talk