It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Exercise advice please

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise advice please

Postby electrongirl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Ok, I am going to start exercising in some form this week.

I basically have 3 hours in the morning to do it and get ready for work which is right next to my gym. Ashley is on school holidays so I don't even need to get him ready in the mornings so I have NO EXCUSES!!

I am very unfit and am scared! What should I do? Should I go to the gym and use the treadmills, bikes etc or should I go to an actual class?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: Exercise advice please

Postby ali76 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:11 pm

Does your gym have any beginner or gentle classes? If so I'd probably try them. Or maybe a circuit so you can get used to the machines, etc?

Best thing to do is something you enjoy so you want to go back! Swimming or aqua aerobics?

Good luck! I'll be checking up on you!
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby electrongirl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:18 pm

my gym doesn't have a pool unfortunately.. :(

I have to get a timetable as they don't even have a website (who doesn't have a website these days!!)

I might go for a walk tomorrow morning to the gym and get the timetable and have a look around. I havn't been there in a while so that way I will get a good walk in and also find out what they have.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby ali76 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Hot new hair and pic by the way!!! :wink:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby electrongirl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:41 pm

thanks Ali!! I did my hair all nice for the job interview and I had to take a piccie of it!! I will have to start dolling myself up more now that I am going to be working in a shop!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:23 am

Give a couple of things a go. If there are any beginner classes held at that time try one of them. Then another day try their cardio equipment. See what option suits you best. As the other Ali said, it's best to find something you enjoy to make sure you go back!

Ditto on your hair too. It looks great!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Purpledog21 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:26 pm

If your wanting to join the gym it would be best to see what the trainers there suggest as they will take into concideration what you like and are able to do at the begining. it may take some time in finding a routine you enjoy at the gym but classes are good as well as it gives you a chance to mingle with other people that are doing it for the same reason you are.
Purpledog21

Postby bferbear » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:21 pm

IMHO The biggest hurdle to overcome when starting any new exercise regime is self confidence. I personally trained by myself for several weeks before starting a spin class because i didn't want to be the super unfit one that was the first to give up. I was 100% certain people were going to look at me and point. Then realised that everyone else had those same thoughts, and they were too busy attempting to not pass out, remembering to breath and swearing at the trainer to be concerned with what I did.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Return to Exercise Talk