It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:14 am

Free Newsletter

Jillian Michaels dvds

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Jillian Michaels dvds

Postby tassie girl » Mon May 26, 2008 4:01 pm

I have the Jillian Michaels dvds (shape up front/back, maximise front/back) and was wondering where they sit in a program?

I am doing my circuit weights session Mon/Wed/Fri and cardio Tue/Thur. Would it be too much to do the dvds each day as well? eg: Mon/Thur Shape up front and Tue/Fri Shape up back.

The dvds seem more like a cardo circuit to me with only light handweights, a step and body weight. I was thinking of doing these each morning.

tassie girl

Re: Jillian Michaels dvds

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 26, 2008 4:56 pm

Your plan sounds okay. See what muscle groups are being worked out and plan it accordingly. Provided they get a day off between workouts then it'll give the muscles and ligaments time to repair and rebuild between sessions. If your cardio works the same muscle groups as some of the DVDs I wouldn't do the DVDs on your weights days. Even cardio can cause microtears in your muscles and ligaments so you want to recover between those sessions as well.

Let us know how the DVDs go. I'm always on the lookout for new workout DVDs so I rely on the people here to find out about new ones that they recommend!

Return to Exercise Talk