It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:34 am

Free Newsletter

vibrogym

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

vibrogym

Postby matchbox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:02 pm

has anyone used vibrogym? or can anyone tell me what exactly it is? my gym are upping the fee's a tiny bit but they've said they're getting a couple of new things, including vibrogym. not sure exactly what it is/how it works/if it'd help.

any ideas?
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: vibrogym

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Hey Lexi it's one of those vibrating machines. I haven't used one before but here is a bit about it from their site.

VibroGym works by rapidly vibrating up and down to create extra g-forces on the body. The vibrations also create a reflex contraction of the muscles that produces higher levels of muscle activation than can be achieved in normal exercise.

Because the vibrations travel through the whole body stability muscles, such as the abdominals and pelvic floor, can be stimulated while performing other exercises, thus helping to tighten the tummy while you sit or stand on the plate.

Let me know if you try it
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Re: vibrogym

Postby matchbox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:18 pm

thanks for that cass :) i knew it vibrated but i don't really know much else about it. sounds interesting though. they don't launch them until July some time but i can't see how it would hurt to try it! i think they're extra though. i googled a bit and found a place about 15 mins away which does it and has a free trial. i'll see if this is extra and if so how much.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Return to Exercise Talk