It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Has anyone tried kick boxing or boxercise?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Has anyone tried kick boxing or boxercise?

Postby LucyP » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:10 pm

I really fancy giving this a go but I don't want to look a complete fool if I am too tired after 5 mins, I tried spinning class (bikes really fast) and I felt awful I thought my legs were gonna give way when I stepped off the bike so is boxercise a little less intense?

Re: Has anyone tried kick boxing or boxercise?

Postby Tarz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 am

I do a sort of boxercise class on Fridays and i love it, not really less intense but the more you do it, the easier it gets. Boxing is a great cardio exercise and is great for the arms, lots of fun as well cos if you have a brother that gave you a hard time growing up yu can pretend the bags them :mrgreen:
Give it a try and see how you go.

Postby Walkabout » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:02 pm

I recommend kickboxing or muay thai. Combined boxing/aerobics stuff like tae bo etc. are a far cry from what you can get in an actual kb/mt gym. It's also loads of fun.

Seek out a famous and reputable club (this means you have to do a little research to find out which clubs have the best coaches and fighters) and go to the basic training course. Don't worry about not keeping up, even in our class some beginners who had no background in any excercise occasionally sat down and took a breather because they got a bit dizzy from all the excercises we did. Nothing to be ashamed about. The only people who have something to be ashamed about are those who quit. The ones who stumble in the beginning but push on through and become good athletes are always looked up to by their fellow trainees.

Well, that's what it's like in our club, I'm just a mediocre athlete in there but I love every second of it.

Postby meegs » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:16 pm

I go to Step into Life (outdoor group personal training) and they have a kickbox class every week.
I love it - lots of arm and leg movements - toning and cardio in one.
A great workout - and fun too! :D

Postby jessica86 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:35 pm

i did kickboxing for 6 years when i was a teenager. i was so skinny lol. its quite demanding, but if you let your trainer know they will adjust the exercises to your level. other then that it was sooooooo much fun. i remember being able to break wooden boards & do hundreds of push-ups. will get you very fit very quick!

<3 jess

Postby carinna » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 am

I tried tae bo. Does that count?
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
**Comments are always welcome!**

Return to Exercise Talk