It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Loss of apetite after execising

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Loss of apetite after execising

Postby KimE » Sun May 07, 2006 7:48 pm

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

I mentioned to a lady at work, who has already lost weight using the same plan as me, that lately I haven't felt like eating the whole of my dinner. I get half way through and are pretty much done, however, due to the whole plan only being 1200 cals I didn't really want to eat less than this so I finish the meal. She then mentioned you can get a loss of apetite from exercising. I thought this sounded like a crock but then tried to work out if when the loss of apetite occurred and if I had done any exercising when I got home from work on those days and it seems she might be right.

Today I exercised later in the day and again found I wasn't very hungry during my evening meal. Have noticed if when I exercise before 1pm I can't wait for my lunch and wolf it down but if I exercise after about 4:30pm I lose my apetite for dinner. Doesn't mean I don't eat it but I could happily only eat half of it an not feel hungry.

Just an observation but wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun May 07, 2006 9:16 pm

I have the same thing. I can be absolutely starving before leaving work for my ride home, but when I get home I am not hungry at all and don't feel like eating my dinner. As soon as I take a bite though, it usually comes back.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Groovychic » Mon May 08, 2006 7:23 am

Normally I am starving when I finish exercising. I guess if I exercise earlier in the afternoon and have something to eat after that, say about 5pm, then no I'm not very hungry for dinner but if I start exercising closer to dinner time, finish the exercise, come inside to cook, then I don't think I have a loss appetite. O to have a loss of appetite!! :lol: Don't think that will ever be one of my problems. :lol: I think you should listen to your body Kim. Maybe you should have more for lunch to get to your 1200 calories. I try not to have a big tea as much as possible, and find that I can drop weight fairly quickly if I skip dinner all together. You should maybe try to eat say 400 cals for breaky, 100 cals for a snack, 350cals for lunch, another 100 for snack, and the remaining(I'm not working that out!!!) for dinner. Just as a rough guide. Not sure what you are eating and how many calories at each meal but as a rough guide maybe you could change your largest meal to lunch time, if you are able to. Your lifestyle and work commits may not allow it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:43 am

I too have found this, especially on the days where I go to gym and walk there and back which takes an hour in itself.

I've tried exercising less, but I'm having emotional issues right now and find my appetite is less if I've had to talk about my issues. :oops: It sucks for me because after losing weight I'm now 10kg below my goal weight, when I got to 3 kg below goal weight I was my old skinniest weight, now I feel I look anorexic almost - I feel quite embarrassed admitting this and it is REALLY hard as I know I'm not anorexic because I do eat.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Tanya(20)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Groovychic » Mon May 08, 2006 2:51 pm

O Tanya my heart goes out to you mate. You are having a tough time of it. Its so easy to exercise when you are feeling frustrated. I get like that. I just want to get out there and punish the road or treadmill cos I am annoyed with something. As for the eating, as long as you are feeling full and eat regularly, which I am sure you are, then let your body do it's thing. Your metabolism is probably still high. Maybe you should cut down on the weights, if you are doing any at the gym, and just stick to a 30 min cardio workout. Keep your heart beating strongly and your lungs sucking in plenty of air. Try not to do more than 30 mins of exercise, and make sure you eat 5 meals a day. And unlike the rest of us, enjoy a naughty snack at times! Pasta might help you put on a bit of weight. Just try not to stress too much Tanya. This is what is causing the extra weight loss. Just concentrate on your lovely child and the good things in life. I've learnt as lesson as I have got older, don't stress the small stuff. I've also learnt that there is no point worrying about something that I can't change. You cant change what other's do, only what you do yourself. So take those deep breaths, put a smile on your face and think of your beautiful baby. That will keep you smiling for a long time I am sure!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Mon May 08, 2006 7:36 pm

Wow some of you guys have such a way with words. Hope Rochelles words did put a smile on your face Tanya :D I know it sure did for me.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Tue May 09, 2006 4:48 am

Yes those words do bring a smile to my face and such good advice.
I find I walk too much as I don't drive and don't like to have to pay for public transport as I'm on the benefit until my hubby gets a job.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Groovychic » Tue May 09, 2006 11:18 am

While you are doing a lot of walking you need to eat more Tanya. Remember to lose weight you must have less intake and more output, to maintain weight you have to have equal and to put on weight you must have more intake and less output. You can't have the less output at the moment but you can eat more. I'd tend to go for the pasta and rice etc if I was you. You can buy those pasta meals, I think continental do one. I love the carbonara one. Have one for lunch. I shouldn't be eating them but you certainly can. And they don't cost all that much, I think about $1.50 or so. Havent bought 1 for a while cos I aint meant to be eating them!!! Good luck with it all.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Return to Exercise Talk