It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Whats your favourite exercise DVD?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Whats your favourite exercise DVD?

Postby whit3tig3y » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:35 pm

My fav is Pump It Up. Its a workout dvd my Ministry of Sound and it really is good. I always ache the next day lol.

Other than that I have a few walk away the pounds dvd's. Thats about it really.
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby sheena » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:43 pm

Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Energize! DVD ~ Billy Blanks
The list author says:
"Very tiring, can feel it working"

Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout
2. Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout DVD ~ Pump It Up!

3. Angela Griffin Dance Mix Workout [2004] DVD ~ Angela Griffin
The list author says:
"Found that the free 30 minute stretch & tone dvd was much better although this is still fun"
sheena

Postby Ally147 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Just thought i'd post on here and say that i purchased the fit to strip volume 2 dvd off ebay. I did the workout today and i can already feel the muscles in my legs waking up and saying "yes im still here". It felt great. I might invest in the other volumes too just for confidence, but for a quick all over body workout, the volume 2 is definately great. Thanks to Ali for suggesting it :)

Ally
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:23 pm

No worries! Thanks for reminding me about it. Now I've got a few spare moments I'm getting back into my exercise DVDs so I should drag them out from my bedroom cupboard. I have all of my other fitness DVDs on display on the lounge-room shelves but I feel a bit embarrassed to have the Fit to Strip ones out in public view! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:24 pm

Haha i know what u mean... i usually buy things using my mum's ebay... but to buy this i made my own coz i didn't want her asking questions haha.

Out of the other ones, which do u think is the next best? I'd like to give another one a go, like a dance type one!!
[/url]
Ally147

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

To be honest I've only done the first two! I have the first four but the later ones looked a bit more complicated so I wanted to get bored with the first two before moving onto them. The only problem is that I got distracted with other fitness DVDs so I never went back to try 3 and 4! Those two look pretty good with more aerobic moves and role-play dances.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:07 pm

Sorry, having troubles with posting right now. I meant to add that I'd try 3 and 4 over the next couple of days and report back here. Unfortunately the interweb ate half my post!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:57 pm

Cool, well let me know :)
[/url]
Ally147

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:19 pm

I put the third DVD on today. Verdict? Great... if you want to learn to play a sexy secretary or give a lap dance. Not so great if you want to burn fat. I gave up half way through because the aerobic value of both sets was absolutely ZERO! The only thing it did was hurt my back with all the slow-mo stripper moves. So my evaluation of it is that its fun if you want to learn to strip for your partner, but useless as an exercise DVD.

Stay tuned and I'll let you know about the fourth one tomorrow!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Ok cool, i'd rather it feel like a workout as i don't have a partner to strip for lol...

I can barely move today after doing volume 2 yesterday, obviously used a lot of muscles that had been hiding for a while :)

Can't wait to hear more
[/url]
Ally147

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:14 am

Number 4 isn't as bad as number 3. It has both a lapdance routine and a hip-hop routine. The hip-hop one looks like good aerobic activity. Unfortunately I couldn't do either of them as most of the moves in her DVDs are VERY back unfriendly.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks for that Ali, it good to know these type of things before i go and buy them... :)
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Tabatha » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Walk away the pounds would be my favourite as well. Wonder if she does a step one too.
Tabatha

Postby Czarina » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Winsor Pilates! The first time I used them I did the 20-minute workout and the ab workout, the next day I was very sore! Boy, was it painful to sneeze! But after a few weeks of working at it I don't get sore the next day, but can still feel it immediately after the workout. Highly recommend. :mrgreen: Now I just need to find a really great cardio workout on DVD for these rainy days...
Czarina

Postby longy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:04 pm

I love the Jillian Michael's DVDs, I bought them a while ago when she was still on Biggest Loser- the first one I got was Cardio Kickboxing- it's only 20 mins (25 including stretching) and it's literally nothing more than doing star jumps, imaginary skipping with a rope, some punching and some kicking, but OMG it's a workout, especially for your quads as you do most of it in a squat. I end up really sweating by the end of it, and I've been doing it regularly for the last few weeks.

I also bought a 4 pack, SHAPE UP by Jillian Michaels, and it's great as well, but you do need some handweights and they recommend having a step-up block thinggy as well. (When the get to the step-ups, I do star jumps or kicks or something)

I think you need to have some level of fitness before approaching these, as they are a definite workout- suggest renting them first and watching them all the way through so you can decide whether it's for you or not!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

PreviousNext

Return to Exercise Talk