It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:53 am

Free Newsletter

Whats your favourite exercise DVD?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Whats your favourite exercise DVD?

Postby Czarina » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:18 pm

I've wondered about those JIllian Michaels DVDs, they sound great! Unfortunately anything involving jumping is out for me, with all of this shrapnel in my ankle jumping is painful! Probably wouldn't be great for my back issues either...low impact cardio, where are you?
Czarina

Postby Shitake » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:00 pm

I started off my exercise with the repeats of 'My work out' on TV, I then went on eBay and found 'Jeanette Jenkins' the Holly wood trainer. I have lost 25kgs now and absolutely enjoy my workouts! I think there is 8 DVDs in the series, everything from pilates to kick boxing!
Shitake

Postby workoutdvdworld » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Workout dvds are a very personal thing. To choose one you would have to decide what type of workout you are looking for. Do you like cardio style workouts, strength training, Pilates, yoga or a combination of a few varieties?

If you are aiming to lose fat and tone up then you might want to go for interval training workout DVDs. Interval training includes short segments of high intensity cardio followed by active recovery segments of strength training. There are a number of great interval training DVDs. The Firm bases most of their workouts on interval training and some of my favourite are The Hollywood Trainer Ultimate Cross Training, Kickboxing Bootcamp and Cardio Sculpt. You will only need some hand weights for the strength intervals, but apart from that no other equipment is needed.

If you also wanted to include some Pilates or Yoga on your lighter days, that would give a great companion to lengthen and stretch your muscles out. Ana Caban has some great Pilates DVDs ranging from beginners to advanced. There is one called Easy Pilates, which would be a nice one to start off with. And for yoga there is a series called Total Yoga the flow series, which once again has dvds ranging from beginners to advanced levels.
workoutdvdworld

Postby RockStar96 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 pm

I have a really fun one that's Bollywood Dance (I think it's called the Bollywood Workout) and it's super fun. it's silly and I think that's why I love it.
RockStar96

Postby lovelyg » Sun May 06, 2012 4:20 pm

I really like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, it's a good variety, does need a lot of equipment or space and she has two backup girls, one of whom does modified movements for beginners.

Added bonus is they only go for 20 minutes so there's no excuse for not fitting them in. Sometimes if I want to push myself I do level 2 & 3 back to back. :)
lovelyg

Previous

Return to Exercise Talk