It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Bootcamp!

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Bootcamp!

Postby ali76 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:40 pm

I've just enrolled in a month long boot camp - Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 6-7.15 AM!!! It starts on Monday week - 4th August.

I'm a bit scared!! Anyone out there tried one before - or know of anyone who has? Any feedback?!

Wish me luck! :shock:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: Bootcamp!

Postby milkyway » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Good luck, Ali! :)

I've never done one before. The early mornings always put me off :P I'm sure you'll love it.

Be sure to let us know how you go.

Just curious - How much is it?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali76 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:40 pm

It's $219 for the month which includes a healthy eating plan and a bootcamp t-shirt which is our uniform!

I thought that was reasonably expensive but it's my birthday present to myself....some present! My birthday is the day after it starts - so apparently I'll be in agony!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby milkyway » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:48 pm

LOL - what a great present ... and it will be a good agony ;). $219 sounds very reasonable. If you were to have 3 x personal training sessions per week, it would cost a fortune. Are you doing it by yourself or with a friend?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali76 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm doing it with a friend from work....there's NO way I can bail on any session now. Firstly, she'll give me a bollocking, but D starts work at 6 every morning so is up at 5. Since I've paid for it in advance, there's no way he'll let me sleep in and not go. He'll drag my butt out of bed if he has to....which is more than likely!!!

I'm really keen and excited for the actual course, I just know what a b!tch I am to get out of bed!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby meegs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:22 pm

I have always been too scared to go to Boot camp - but a guy from work did it and he lost a stack of weight and looks fabulous (he's still painful but you can't have everything!!!!!!).
Who are you doing it through? Is it at Adelaide Oval or somewhere else.
Should be great - look forward to all updates!
Good luck!
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby ali76 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:31 pm

Hey Meegs!

There are quite a few boot camp companies but I'm doing the 'Original Boot Camp'. They have several locations (including Henley, Golden Grove) but I'm doing the one that's just near Adelaide oval (we meet at the Cathedral). I work in North Adelaide sraight opposite the cathedral so can go straight to work when we finish (they have full shower facilities at work thank goodness!). They have their office on O'Connell Street too so it's really convenient.

You should do it too!!! :P

Gosh I hope I survive! :roll:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby meegs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:35 pm

I think that is the one that the guy from work did - I think you have to carry rope (heavy!!!) up Montefiore hill!!!
I go to Step into Life and I think that they offer Boot camp every so often - sometimes at the beach sometimes in the park.

I am beginning training for the City to Bay tomorrow morning so I will give Boot camp a miss until at least after that - running will be enough for me (for now!!!)

Cheers,
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby meegs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:36 pm

The rope is just one activity of course1!!!! :D :D
I'm sure there are lots of others!!
I really look forward to hearing about it!
[/url]
meegs

Postby Mandie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi ali!

You;re gonna love it :)

I did two months of bootcamp - with Original Bootcamp too, the t-shirts have bulldogs on them? Over here in WA (the Bunbury one, for those sandgropers out there).

It was great fun! Hard work, but the instructor was great and all of the exercises are suited to ANY fitness level - everyone does their own pace, lots of lap type things so it doesnt matter how many you do, as long as you all do it for 10 mins or whatever, make sense?

It was great though, every session was something different, and you definitely worked hard! I was in agony the first week.. (sitting down was AWFUL and getting up was worse!) but after the first week I didn't really hurt too much - like, a bit when going up stairs and things, but it wasn't too bad - you just have to make sure you warm up well and do the stretches at the end!

Have fun, let us know how you go!
Mandie

Postby ali76 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:08 pm

Haha....yep, my t-shirt has the Bulldog!

You've scared me now Mandie!! How on earth did you cope for 2 months!! One of the things that convinced me to try it was that it did only go for a month!

They seem really good from what I've heard and read....they monitor all your progress from start to finish AND they have awsome fitness camps and abseiling and rock climbing days....I'd love to do that when i'm fit enough.

Meegs, I was looking at Step into Life as there's one near my house. I've just joined the brand new Goodlife at North Adelaide which opens at the end of August...hopefully bootcamp will get me all revved up to get back into the gym as I've not been back since my accident in March :?

Good on you for doing the City to Bay! I'd love to do it but I'm a terrible runner!! What training are you doing for it? Is there a training regime that set for you (I walked a fun run for charity when I was in Scotland and they sent everyone a suggested training schedule to run it....yeah right!!).
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby meegs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi Ali,
I go to SIL at Prospect - is that near you?
As far as the training for City to Bay I can't tell you yet!
We start tomorrow - with a 45 minute run around North Ad golf links (I think!) including sprints in that time.

I never thought that I would ever run the City to Bay - I am not a runner - and at still over 100 kgs my body is working hard at this!
I am hoping that this will help me in some of my weight loss goals.

I will let you know in this thread (sorry I have taken it over!!) what sort of training regime I get.

Cheers,
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby ali76 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:12 am

Hi guys!

Well, I'm officially more than halfway through and I'm now contemplating doing next month as well?!

If there's anyone in Adelaide keen to give it a shot, we're allowed to bring a friend this Friday (22nd August) so if you want to tag along, let me know!

Ali
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Return to Exercise Talk