It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:16 am

Free Newsletter

Starting easy...

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Starting easy...

Postby Freddy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:39 pm

...so I decided to start easy on myself and do 20 ab crunches each night. After I'm done I really feel tension in my ab area, so that's a good thing. Weird thing is my abs seem to tighten themselves and let go over and over again, for about 5 minutes after I stop. Is that normal? õ_o

Besides that, I do 20 concentration curls per arm. They should tighten up the muscles on my upper arm a bit, giving me better shaped biceps. When I think about it... I'm actually pretty vein... :roll:
Freddy

Re: Starting easy...

Postby musclecar » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:26 pm

With your arms, if you really go for it you may find the next day you can't straighten your arm and overall it feels quite swollen. If that happens dont worry its just your body adjusting, repairing itself which is how muscle is made.

I did a fairly intense gym session a while back as a trial and felt it the next day. Once your going a long with a routine it will become almost not noticable.

i realise you are starting off small but its just a heads up for increased workouts :)
musclecar

Re: Starting easy...

Postby Freddy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:14 am

I'm visiting a doctor every 6 months for my thyroid gland. It functions at about 70%, explaining some of the extra weight I carry around.

Another thing that comes with this chronical 'disease' is that my body carries too much protein. The protein results in quite interesting muscle progress, as I have found out in my gym junkie days. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time when my wife got pregnant anymore, so I stopped going there. Now I've got a set of dumbells at home, so I can do some workout right here :)

Still hope my workout works out the same as it used to do.
Freddy

Return to Exercise Talk