It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Toning thighs

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Toning thighs

Postby Ophir » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Anyone have tips on the best way to tone my thighs? They are probably the biggest they have ever been (in hot weather if im wearing a skirt my legs sometimes chaff and its getting lower on my thighs) Today was a lightbulb moment!

At the gym i currently do 15mins on the stepper at level 9, but going up to level 10, 15 mins on level 6, interval program on the x-trainer, 30 fit ball squats and started on tuesday doing some leg weights (the ones where you sit and push forward with your legs. (there are other things, but these are the ones that use the legs.)

Would love any tips on thigh toning :)
Ophir

Re: Toning thighs

Postby mumnbub » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Does you gym have one of those machines that you put your legs into and squese inwards? they work well. At home i have a leg master machine which is fantastic, works the thighs hips and bum.
IF all else fales, sit on the floor with your legs out front and sort of walk your hips along- this kinds also works the thighs but mainly the hips.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Do you have a swiss ball at home? You can do various thigh toning exercises using that. You can grip it between your legs, between the knees and ankles. Squeeze your legs together and hold it for a couple of seconds. Release and repeat.

Another one I love is lying on your back, gripping the ball between your legs in the same way. Do leg lifts with the ball between your legs. It works your inner thighs, outer thighs, quads and belly. To also work your obliques you can raise the ball so that your legs are at 90 degrees to your body and the ball directly above you. Slowly lower the ball to your right. Raise it above you again then lower to your left.

Talk to your gym instructor about doing these exercises first to make sure you're fit enough to do them. Leg lifts can hurt your back if you have a problem with it. They can also help with proper technique.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby flaminjo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:14 pm

wow EvilWombatQueen! very nicely explained. but how much time like it takes to tone down your thighs finally, i think it important to jog either on a treadmill or on normal tracks to have a great thigh
flaminjo

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:17 am

Flaminjo's right. I completely forgot about thigh slimming cardio exercise. Running is a great way to slim your thighs. Thanks for pointing that out, Flaminjo!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:35 pm

SQUATS!!

I know they sound boring and painful but they work. I have a dvd called "Hyperextension Tummy, Hips and Thighs" and this workout contains mostly squats and lunges, i took 9cm from my thighs by using that dvd...

Alternate between a normal squat and a quite deep one, as deep as ur knees will let you go. Squats and lunges are not only great for the legs but also for the whole weight loss process!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Ophir » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:38 am

Mumnbub, actually it does and funnily enough, its the only leg weight machine i havent used yet! Might have to give it a go.

We have the Wiifit now with the trainer etc who is motivating me to do lunges and squats...usually i have no motivation on my own. I have also been attempting to train myself with jogging (although its not going well at the moment with xmas and holidays).

Im back in routine this week, so time to start working hard at it.
Ophir

Postby warriorsgirl » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Lunges and squats!!! They work well, and you feel it for ages after!
warriorsgirl

Postby fi_112 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:17 pm

To tone your inner thighs, do "sumo squat walking". This is where you spread your legs more than a normal squat, with toes pointing outwards, and sort of crab walk sideways like that. if you stay nice and low it is a really good workout :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Return to Exercise Talk