It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:38 am

Free Newsletter

Calories burned on Wii Fit.

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Calories burned on Wii Fit.

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows how many calories would be burned using the step plus on the Wii Fit??
The reason I ask is I have been doing it everyday since Boxing Day (1 hr+ per day) and I have had a large loss this week (usually I lose between 1-1.2 kgs. a week although I had a week a couple of weeks back where I lost 800gms.) and the week isn't over yet. I'm not sure if it is burning more that I thought it would or is the large loss is a one off. I havent been eating any different than I have been in previous weeks.
I will stick with it but if I have another large loss next week I will have to either up my calories or back of the Wii Fitting or a combination of the two.
Last Saturday I weighed in at 95.6 kgs. post Christmas indulgence, this morning I was 93.4 or 5 or thereabouts :? . I know I would have lost some of the fluid and salt from Christmas Day but that doesn't account for the rest.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Re: Calories burned on Wii Fit.

Postby Jisgone » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:17 am

it depends on the person, i burn about 300 cals in an hour depending on what your doing
Jisgone

Postby Shalimar » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Thanks Jewles :) , I figured it would be kind of hard to try and work it out exactly. I'll just have to see how things pan out for the next week.

Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi Sue,

Hope you had a great Xmas & New Years...

As for the wiifit - I was wondering the same thing when I first got my wii, so I did a bit of googling and found a website that gave approx figures on calories burnt...

Here's what I found... (all amounts are for 10 mins of workout on each exercise)

Step Class - 56 cals
Baseball - 29 cals
Bowling - 35 cals
Boxing - 81 cals
Golf - 22 cals
Hula-Hoop - 70 cals
Jogging - 84 cals
Tennis - 44 cals

Hope this helps!!!

Take care,
Cola xx
[/b]
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:49 am

Hi Cola, you are a legend in the truest sence :) . That is exactly what I was looking for and I did hit google but I didnt have any luck with it. Thanks you so, so, so much

Shalimar

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:51 am

Forgot to add (I got carried away when I saw the calories burned) I hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year and I hope the coming year is everything you are hoping it to be.

Take care, Sue.

Shalimar

Postby Ophir » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:57 am

Oh this is good to know. We got a Wii and Wiifit for xmas. There is actually a Nintendo Wii/DS magazine out now, the first issue has only just come out. It has an article in there about a chick who did a 28 day fitness challange with Wii Sports. In the end she lost 4cm off her waist and 6cm off her hips from memory.

I have to find the motivation to get started on boxing. Have done the other sports, but not really the boxing.
Ophir

Postby cherricola » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:54 pm

LOL - no worries! I knew you'd love it! :D :D :D

I love the step classes - and the boxing... except I suck at it when you have to do the 'duck & weave' thing... He always punches me in the head... :twisted:

Mind you the boxing on the Wii Fit, is a lot less intense as the boxing on Wii Sports - that sh*t is full on!!! LOL. Chris (who actually used to do boxing) and I play it sometimes and after 1 or 2 rounds our arms are like jelly and we've broken out in a massive sweat!! :shock:

How much have you unlocked on the Wii Fit Sue?? Do you do the yoga and muscle training as well?? I haven't used them much... would be interested to see what others think of those exercises if they've done them...

Happy Wii-ing!! :lol:
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Hiya Cola, I have been sticking with the aerobics, mainly the step and I have just started on the hula hooping, it does knacker you, but I think I have given myself Wii knee as I felt a twinge earlier . I'll give it another go before my soaps start on Foxtel :P .

I have unlocked a fair bit but I think because I don't do the yoga and the muscle building, yet, it has limited what I have unlocked. Junior has unlocked most of it but he will give anything a go, I'm a bit more discerning :lol: .

'Tis a lot of fun though and a happy Wiiing to you too.

Take care, Sue.

Shalimar

Postby Ophir » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:56 am

I gave the Wii Boxing a go last night and oh my arms are sore today. It was a lot of fun though.
Ophir

Postby electrongirl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:03 am

There was a woman on the news over here who lost 60 pounds with the Wiifit. She has a blog about it too: http://www.coolmomguide.com/
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:27 pm

Thanks for that electrongirl, I'm going to check it out as soon as I am done and dusted here.

Shalimar

Postby Gordz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:01 am

i don't doubt it. i've been on the wiifit regularly since monday, and have worked up one hell of a sweat. I think its fantastic! it's not weather dependant, it's fun and its varied. I do the yoga a little, the muscle training a fair bit and aerobics alot. My abs have strengthened 10fold with the 'jackknife challenge'. my family liked it so much when i brought my wii up for xmas, that my bro went out on boxing day and got his own wii and wiifit =)

does anyone know though, can you save your character and progress on the remote and use it on another wii?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Ophir » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:34 am

As far as i know, the Mii can only be saved to your own wii. Whenever my husband i play, the remote does not save any Mii data.
Ophir

Postby Gordz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 am

you can deffinately save your mii's to your remote to play with friends - i've done it. not sure about wiifit stats though
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Next

Return to Exercise Talk