It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 am

Free Newsletter

Beer and weight loss

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Beer and weight loss

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:28 pm

Hi,

Iam 30 year old male, i am 6.2 and weight about 110 kilos. I have always been skinny as a teenager but now i have this big belly and man boobs ! I look worse because my legs and arms are quite slim still.

M like to drink beer, i want to know how some other people who like a beer or six on a weekend can still lose the pounds.

If there is anyone out there i like to hear any advice.

Cheers

Mike

Postby Maraver » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:54 pm

Hi Mike
Thanks for being brave and posting
Why don't you register and join us
Do you only drink beer at the weekends
how do you eat and drink during the week
do you exercise at all
I know what you are saying typical nosey woman :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:05 am

Hi Mike,
Scroll to the top of this page and register with us (if you wish) If you've already done so, click the log in button also at the top of the page so that you can use your user name without the computer telling you that the name is already taken when it isn't.

Drinking a beer now and then will not make you fat, but swilling a six-pack nightly will qualify you for work as Marlon Brando's stunt double.

Let's do the math: On average, a 12-ounce beer contains between 150 and 200 calories. Even if you're knocking back only two a night, that's approximately 4,400 calories per month. It takes 3,500 calories to make a pound of fat, so it's easy to see how those seemingly harmless hops can add girth to your midsection. Still, fingering beer as the lone culprit is a mistake, we normally drink beer whilst nibbling on food.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:23 pm

My man is a bit of a beer drinker and he has a little pot but it's not too bad. Anyway, what I've observed is that when he starts water skiing in November the weight just falls off of him. If the beer thing is non-negotiable, as it is with so many men, maybe you need to up your exercise and burn it off.
Serena

Postby mick » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:12 pm

Thanks guys for the advice,

I only drink on the weekend and i tend to eat crap with it.

I exercise a bit, i walk a lot at work but i need to do more i think
mick

Postby Maraver » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:23 pm

Hi Mick thanks for popping back, why don't you register and see if we can help you lose some weight, the person who set up this board is a male so you won't be alone
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Maraver » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:27 pm

Sorry Mike I just realised you have joined good on yer
tell us some more about yourself you know what us women are like
dead nosy
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi,

Well iam a 30 year old male 6.2 ft , i work as a manager for a production company.

I don't have much weight to lose i guess, it's just that i was always able to look good in clothes and stuff but lately because of pressures from my life/job etc, i have probably indulged a little too much.

I won't let it get me down.

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:34 pm

Hi Mike,

According to this calculator, you're only 14 kilo overweight, http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm so I know you can reach this goal.
If it's not the weekend beer drinking, do you have take-out a few times per week?

IF YOU HAVEN'T REGISTERED YET
Scroll to the top of this screen you will notice the word Register, click on it.
There will now be a bunch of writing, click on the words
I agree to these terms & am over 13 years of age

A form will appear to be filled in (if you miss filling in any stuff you can always come back later by clicking on the word Profile that will appear at the top of each screen) Click on Submit and you will now be registered.

* HOWEVER, IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED BUT YOUR NAME IS CLAIMING TO BE USED.
Then scroll to the top of the screen again and click on the word Log In, so that the name you chose will appear each time you post your message to us.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:47 pm

Hi

I have tried to change my nick but it won't let me.

Yes Dolly i eat take out maybe once or twice a week, i have tried to cut this out and i have started to eat smaller but more frequent meals thruout the day. This is only week one so far

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:45 pm

Hi Mike,
It seems ironic that I should be giving advice when I myself am a self confessed chocolate addict.
Ya know what we really need, a live in nutritionist. She would be there to measure and watch our food intake, I don't think live in nutritionists have been invented yet but I sure need one.
Do you have any tips you can give me on how to stop indulging in chocolate?

As for Logging in your name, scroll to the top of the screen again and click on the word Log In (it's on the center right hand side) so that the name you chose earlier will automatically appear each time you post your message to us.
If that doesn't work, Guest is a cute name.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:19 pm

Cheers

Yes, i starting to warm to the name " Guest " .

As for Choc, Iam not sure how to deal with that. I have never been a huge fan of choc so thats one less thing i need to resist i suppose.

But, iam also being ironc when giving advice because i should be using my techquines on myself. But i think the best way to beat the cravings is to focus on the pleasure you would get from not eating the choc ie I won't feel guilty, each time i resist i build esteem etc etc. rather then just focusing on the instant short term pleasure the choc will give u. I mean, what would feel better, knowing that you can resist these things or indulging for a few mins pleasure ?

Anyway, food for thought.

Postby Dolly » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:08 pm

Thanks Mike, you're right, I should just focus on the pleasure I'll receive when I reach my goal rather than the short term pleasure , melted delicious, dilectable, euphoric, comforting, joyous, drool...slurp...chocolate will give me.
Please don't ask me if I've had a chocolate free weekend or I might have to tell you.

How's your diet going since you joined the weight loss forum? have you managed to make any positive changes yet?
You might've noticed that there's a weigh-in thread that most of us try to visit on Thursdays, please feel free to join in with that so we can watch you shrink.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:03 pm

Hi dolly

Yes i will get involved with the weight in thingy.

Since last monday i have lost around 2 kgs so i guess that is pretty good.

All i have changed so far is what i eat and when i eat. Six small meals a day and i never allow myself to get hungry because thats when i am weak. I am not a superhero and i cannot resist bad food all the time so i have reconised that i might be weak when iam hungry so i never let myself get hungry anymore.

Even just having a drink of water or milk helps, a lot of people think they are hungry but in fact they are thisty

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:45 pm

Mike congraulations! I'm so impressed with your progress so far, wow, you don't know how much you've just inspired me to stop messing about and to get real about this fat shedding.
I'm going to write a journal about all the things I'm going to do to help me burn kilojoules tomorrow including limiting my fat food intake.

On Thursday if you wish to get fancy with the weight recording, you can click on either of these sites below and make up a fancy weight scale for us to look at.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php
or
http://www.tickerfactory.com/WeightLoss ... php?type=3

You just follow the instructions and it will show the graph in bbCode, HTML and ezCode. What you do is just copy and paste the bbCode to your post here and your funny weight graph will become visual to everyone.

You're definately right about the thirst thingy. I wish I could succeed in doing all three things daily
drink my 8 glasses of water,
stay on plan (OP) with my eating
and exercise
I always seem to fail at doing at least one of them.

Dolly
Dolly

Next

Return to Exercise Talk