It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 am

Free Newsletter

Back Pain

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Back Pain

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri May 01, 2009 2:48 pm

So I have a question..

I get really bad back pain while walking/running :/ I'm not sure why. It just starts feeling stiff and sore like i've been hunched over for a long time or something. And nothing but resting fixes it. I don't know if its the old "large chest" problem or if its something else.

Does anyone have any fixes for this? Just taking my dog for an 80min walk can set it off sometimes.
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Re: Back Pain

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Fri May 15, 2009 4:42 pm

I have back pain too! Well scoliosis! which is apparently pretty common!

The chiro was booking me in 2 x a week for 6 weeks - when that finished, i felt heaps better but he still wanted me in 2 x a week... that's an extra $100 a week!!! :shock:

Wasn't happy about that and my back was feeling fine so I stopped going - now and again from tkd training my muscles kill!!! I use these patches I buy from the asian groceries called "SalonPas" they're great! it feels like someone has just put deep heat on for me! and within minutes the pain subsides!

Not sure where you are located but I can get them easily down here! Let me know - maybe i can post some to you!
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Postby laurahill » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:12 pm

I would suggest that apply some muscle therapy or acupuncture to get rid of back pain problem.
laurahill

Postby yogibbear » Sun May 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Another thing to check is the shoes you wear while doing these activities. If they don't give the proper support then you might be causing yourself to get back issues purely because of not having the right form.
yogibbear

Postby Castillo8886 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Back pains are being a horrible nightmare for me I have tried many precautions for more relief but every time I found failure but some of my friend suggest me best exercises such as strengthen and stretch muscles that supports the spine and reduce back pains.
Castillo8886

Postby workoutdvdworld » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:04 pm

A lot of back pain can be due to bad posture. My husband suffers from back pain and after reading up on it on the internet a lot of the symptoms seem to point at poor posture. One way you can see whether your posture is good or bad is to stand up against a wall as straight as possible. If you have good posture you will be able to touch the back of your head and your bottom against the wall at the same time without having to lean your head backwards. With poor posture your head will be a considerable distance away from the wall.
One way to rectify bad posture without having to have expensive chiropractor appointments is through yoga. There are a number of great yoga dvds for people with back problems. One such dvd is Rodney Yee Back care Yoga and there is also one called Yoga for a healthy back.
Incorporating these simple flexibility poses into your exercise routine will not only help with pain, but will slowly help you to improve your overall posture.
Another type of exercise you can try is Pilates as this really targets the core muscles. If your abdominal muscles are strong they act like a girdle around your mid-section which helps to support your back during any type of activity. :D
workoutdvdworld

Postby chevbrock » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:23 pm

I second the suggestions about strengthening your core. Yoga and pilates are good ways to do it. Also, workouts on stability ball if you have one.

While you are walking, try to remember to focus on keeping your belly tucked in, so as to support your back.

Hope this helps.
chevbrock

Postby davinabenet01 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Guys I need help from you I am feeling pain in my back and it is not from some days I am feeling from many of days and its automatically goes Please guys suggest me some good tips.
Last edited by Jisgone on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam sig
davinabenet01

Postby jolinar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:23 am

On this subject, I have a benign tumour (desmoidoma) on my Erector Spinae muscle and a displaced kneecap (yeah, used to play hockey and squash) and would like to know the best exercise to take up. I want to drop a lot of weight so that I can deal much better with other health issues such as asthma.

Julz.
Timing is everything
jolinar

Return to Exercise Talk