It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Curves/Contours or regular gym?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Curves/Contours or regular gym?

Postby alisvolatpropriis » Mon May 18, 2009 11:36 am

I wanted to join the gym so i can train in the mornings quickly before work.

I like the idea of a 30min session, but does this work?

Has anyone had any real success with curves? or am i better off joining a normal gym?

Thanks!!!
SW: 70kg
CW: 69.9kg
Goal 1: 65kg
Goal 2: 60kg
Ultimate Goal: 55kg
alisvolatpropriis

Re: Curves/Contours or regular gym?

Postby soniad » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi there,

I don't belong to Curves/Contours myself but used to work out of Curves in Doncaster (Melbourne) seeing clients and got talking to a lot of the women there. They love it there because the staff are very attentive and focused on weight loss. They set goals with you and work with you every step of the way. I don't know about 'Curves' but I do have clients that use Curves and who also have good things to say about it

They like it because it is a 30 minute workout and allows you to get through the process fairly quickly, but what they like most is the support they get from the staff, and the fact that it is a nice friendly and non-intimidating environment.
soniad

Postby soniad » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 pm

sorry I meant 'Contours' in Doncaster in my last reply, bnot 'Curves'.
soniad

Postby Julia68 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:10 pm

I've been looking into gyms too. Contours has a free 3 day pass so I did that and was quite impressed. I have joined gyms before and been fantastic for the first two months then I just feel like I make a monthly donation for the rest of the year. I liked the fact Contours was women only and the fact they don't pressure you to go every day. I feel like I'll be able to handle three times a week. I thought the staff were friendly and they too haven't pressured me to sign up. Plus there is a deal on at the moment - if you join up you get the first month free. My husband - who is tired of my stop / start approach - recommends that if I'm going to do it to book out the gym three times per week and to go.
Julia68

Return to Exercise Talk