It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 am

Free Newsletter

Advice please PILATES lovers!!

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Advice please PILATES lovers!!

Postby Janeyc1983 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi all,

in my quest for long, lean limbs I have been going to pilates 2 times a week (and am going to try and start going 3x - its the 5:45am class I find it so hard to get up for!!)...

I am really enjoying it, but I find a lot of the exercises make me sick as in queasy/dizzy - this happens a lot with the ab exercises I find.

I don't usually consume huge amounts of food before I go, usually just a muesli bar or piece of fruit or something...a couple of times I've been on an empty or full stomach and felt even worse!

I really want to stick with it, as its great for the mid section and my abs and love handles need the most work! One of my friends is a pilates devotee and has a 6 pack, which I am aiming for!

Has anyone else felt sick, and if you attend pilates regularly, does the sick feeling go away after a few months?
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Re: Advice please PILATES lovers!!

Postby soniad » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:52 am

Hi Janey,

I have heard of this before from a few people. Have you had your blood pressure checked? It may be a little low. You might also want to get a blood test to make sure your blood sugar is normal and that you are not low in some minerals, etc.... Because you've mentioned that on an empty stomach you feel even worse it sounds like you it could be related to a dip in blood sugars. It can't hurt to eliminate the possibility in any case.

Other things that cause this can be overexertion or not drinking enough water. Also there's such a thing as 'motion sickness' in relation to some exercises. Here is a link that explains it a little more:

[url]http://fitness.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_avoid_exerciseinduced_nausea
[/url]

Sonia
soniad

Return to Exercise Talk