It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:08 am

Free Newsletter

I've gone and done it now...

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

I've gone and done it now...

Postby Furrballz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:38 pm

Since joining this forum...and getting more honest with myself...I have been looking around for diet and exersize plans that i could live with.
I contacted my local Genesis gym as they have all the usual stuff plus they have a pool, sauna and a HUGE spa!

I am committing myself to going nearly every day. Monday Wednesday and Friday I will be doing an Aqua class and also do some cardio on the x-trainer and/or walker or even swim laps for 30mins.
Then on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday I will be doing the plan they will be working out for me.

I am excited and nervous...and...and...just hopeful I can do myself justice and prove I can do this to myself.

Anyone else going to a Genesis Gym in Vic? Anyone like a Gym buddy?? lol
Hugs and Kitty Kisses,
Terri-Ann
xxx
Furrballz

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:01 pm

Yayyyyy good on you Terri-Ann! :D

I joined a gym 7 weeks ago and I love it, they just have everything there that you need. I was on holidays a short while back and went down during the day as often as I could. Now that I am back at work I have found I can still make it there during my lunch break as they have another office near by and I usually catch a class at the weekend also. My couch potato days are over!!

I wish you every success.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:22 am

Go for it girls!!! I wish you every success Terri. Be positive and listen to their advice and you will succeed!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby bronwyn » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi All

Well done girls that is fantastic. I would love to join a gym but with a little one its hard due to lack of funds (only working part time at nights) but I do plan on getting out walking and had to come on line to tell everyone that I went walking this morning. I had to put my car in for 2 new tyres so while they were doing it I walked 20 mins one way and then back and I felt great after it.

My aim (I put it in my weekly weigh in) is to walk 30mins x 3 per week so I've already done one without any effort or planning. I go to playgroup Tuesday and thought I might drive halfway and then walk the rest, even better exercise pushing the pram.

My husband has a good theory, he is a runner and likes to do 4 runs a week. So he aims to do his 4 runs at the beginning of the week and get them out of the way, he figures if something happens one day he still has time left in the week to get them done or if he's done his 4 and feels like another then its a bonus.

Good luck to the gym girls

Chat soon
bronwyn

Postby KimE » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:25 pm

Well done Bronwyn for getting out there. Build it up slowly and you will find it helps a great deal.

Before I joined the gym I pretty much walked most week days, then added weekends, Tae Bo and strength training all done during my lunch hour at work or at home. So you don't need a gym membership to get active just the motivation to get up and at em...so to speak. I still walk every week day during my lunch hour but have added on a stop at the gym 2-3 times a week as it is only 10 mins brisk walk from work and as I am walking anyways may as well get the most out of my membership.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:47 pm

I just joined the Genesis gym, in Hoppers Crossing. Pretty silly seeing as how I have a gym in my home... but I'm finding there's far to many distractions at home. I have home business, plus there's always house work to be done. So, an hour's workout at home could take up to an hour and a half or even two hours :oops:

So, the change of scenery and lack of distractions will be great!

Good luck to everyone! Keep up the good work :D
SarahC

Return to Exercise Talk