It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:18 am

Free Newsletter

Exercises to tone inner thighs

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercises to tone inner thighs

Postby onthedecrease » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Im just wondering if there are any exercises to tone up the upper inner thighs, i find the higher up the leg towards the hip/pelvic region the more flab and less tone I have and just wondering if there are any specific exercises to tone that area, any ideas would be fantastic :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Re: Exercises to tone inner thighs

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

get a small ball, a bit smaller than a basketball kind of thing and have it just squishy, place between your knees and squeeze - repeat as often as you can. You can combine that with situps too.

get a rubber stretchy thing (the sort you get with pilates videos etc, you can get them in places that have fitness equipment) and hook around your foot while you're lying down with your leg straight up in the air. Hold the ends with the hand on the same side (i.e. left foot, left hand) and draw circles on the ceiling with your foot (tighten or loosen the band by stretching it out with your hand for extra resistance). Make sure you keep your abs tight and back flat on the floor. Slower and larger you draw them, the harder it is.

With the same stretchy thingo, stand and have your foot in it, holding with the same side hand and bring your foot across in front of your other foot (you can adjust the tension to suit you).

That probably made no sense....
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby onthedecrease » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:36 pm

lol thanks bd, the first two were great and will definatly give em a shot, but the last one was a tad confusing :shock: but il get there thanks again :D
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby fi_112 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Do wide squats with a bar (and weights on the bar). You put the bar on your shoulders and go into squatting position, but your legs are wider and your toes face outwards. You might wanna look it up for proper technique and core stability because it's hard to explain!! haha :) good luck
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Mogget » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Kneeling on a fit ball!

You may need help learning to "mount" - but just kneeling on it and maintaining your balance will work your inner thighs bum and abs... once you get good you can do things like bounce, raise up and down or lift dumbbells all while kneeling on it and wokring your inner thighs bum and core.
I never thought I would witness the destruction of a Universe whilst carrying a naked merchant banker...

Mogget

Postby onthedecrease » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:24 pm

Ive found that doing body balance twice a week has been fantastic for my thighs and legs/hips/bum in general all the lunges, intensive seating poses and planks ect are really giving me a work out yay :D
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby mum2james » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Running has toned my inner thighs up alot. Especially running up hills or up stairs. Also doing squats. I do them everywhere like while i'm making breakfast, doing the dishes, brushing my teeth, etc. I could be doing them now... :lol:
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby Carley » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:31 am

I've found cycling and running it helps a lot!!!!!!!

I lost 5cms on my thighs this month from doing that.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby ExerciseYPotential » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:58 am

If you're talking about toning being a combination of gaining muscle and losing fat, only one of those can be done purposely to an area of the body.

No exercise in any specific area will help you lose fat from that area. That is called 'Spot Reduction' and it is impossible.

The body fat lost from enery consumption being less than energy used will come from wherever your body decides it is least necessary, so overall fat loss is the only way to ensure fat loss from a certain area.
Last edited by matchbox on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: NO ADVERTISING
ExerciseYPotential

Return to Exercise Talk