It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Exercise ideas

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise ideas

Postby fi_112 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi guys,
I am currently having a break from the gym and my current programme includes at home pilates, stair running, skipping, walking and weights. I did a boxing class today which I loved but I'm wanting to try a few new things before I commit to a gym or a series of lessons.
I am also interesting in bellydancing, Spanish dancing and PCD style sexy dancing!
Just wondering if anyone has any fun new exercise class ideas that they do? I have already done the Les Mills classes.
Thank u!!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Re: Exercise ideas

Postby fi_112 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm

awww come on guys :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:51 pm

at home ones are the wii/ wii fit, jillian michaels game, ea interactive and my fitness coach

gym- body balance and water aerobics
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby Marina_J » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Exercise does not mean spending hours working out in a gym. Certain day-to-day activities can help you attain all that which different exercise machines can provide. Walking is considered one of the best choices because it needs no training and can be done anywhere at anytime.
Marina_J

Postby WillBThin50 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:20 am

Hi fi_112,

How about Pole Dancing? It's difficult but very fun. The first time I did it I was in pain for 2 weeks, but you'll get use to it and toughen up. It promotes strength, grace, coordination and flexibility. This can also be a bit costly though.

Or Parkour? The Australian Parkour Association runs Parkour in every major city several times a week. It's usually 2 hours of full on jumping off stuff and climbing onto stuff to jump off but also lots of strength conditioning exercises. Warning, the instructors are mostly 18 years old and other students are average 16 years old, but do not be fooled by their youth, they are quite competent and professional.

There's also indoor rock climbing, other forms of dance, doing handstands at home and going on long walks around lakes. Hope that helps :)
"There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something" - Henry Ford

"To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in." - Richard Feynman

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWVLKlF/]
[/url]
WillBThin50

Postby John23 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:08 am

I live in a block of Units on the 5th and highest floor. I am walking up and down the stairs about 6 times a day. I have been attending an obesity clinic and although I am overweight, I have been told that my heart is beating at a healthy rate most probably because of my ventures up and down the stairs which includes and exercise regime of walking every day as well. In addition to a healthy diet, this exercise regime has assisted me to lose 4 kilos since attending the clinic one Month ago. Every Journey has a first step.
John23

Postby 2bhealthy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:16 am

Shopping. Sounds strange I know, but I love to shop, so incorporated it in with my walk. I walk up and down my shopping Center, which is a far distance as it is a large one. I just look at all the shops as I go :-) I get to have my hour long walk, but it is enjoyable at the same time. Plus I park my car in the furthermost car park, just to add some more steps to my 10,000 day goal.
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Postby yoavfux » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 pm

have you ever tried a fit ball workout?
great and fresh way to workout your muscles and you can also work on core muscles with it.
i highly recommend it.
if you want something more intense there is a new workout called TRX which invovles special equipment (not cheap i might say) but the workout is amaizing!
look for videos on youtube.com
it is very interesting
Yesterday is history, Today is a mystery, But this moment is a gift... Which is why it
is called: THE PRESENT
yoavfux

Postby missyrosa » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 am

hi,

just wanting to share my experience regarding exercise ideas. To begin with, I'm actually somewhat athletic. I enjoy playing lots of sports. 4 years ago before leaving Australia, I was a gym junkie, went everyday, on top of that I played badminton, tennis and table tennis regularly. over 3 years somehow I got lost and life happened and I put on 15kgs. I was still going to the gym but just not as motivated and didn't see any results at all. I think in December 2010, I hit my highest weight in 6 years, 70kgs plus a bit I think. I'm Asian and I'm only 164cm tall, so I looked really bad and I was always depressed, unhappy, etc etc. I've always been active all those time, I still went to the gym, on top of that I play badminton for 3 hrs, 3-4x a week. So I couldn't understand how come I seemed to gain weight instead of losing it.

Anyhow, on the 10th of January 2011, I started my first boxing bootcamp session. That was painful but I never look back. I've been doing it for a month and as of this morning (5th week), I've lost something like 6kgs. I can only go to 2 sessions a week as they're really2 intense, although my endurance is somewhat better now. But I enjoye them so much and they felt really quick and not boring at all, unlike gym.and I feel really good after the session perhaps due to adrenalin/endorphin all pumped up. I still try to go to badminton 1-2x a week too. I don't think I'll be signing up for gym membership anymore after this.. working outdoor with a group of people is so much more fun and challenging

so yeah this is my real life experience. The bootcamp company that I joined is Boot Box. They service Melbourne and Perth if I'm not mistaken.
missyrosa

Postby Marina_J » Mon May 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Dancing is a great way to burn off pounds, and it also great fun. Push ups, crunches, squat thrusts and lunges are examples of the best and easiest exercises to do at home. Some people choose to practice yoga for physical fitness.
Marina_J

Postby john.huston45 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Do something new in your daily routine exercise, If you feel uncomfortable going to a gym and swimming, Walk 10 to 15 minutes on daily, twice weekly, is an excellent first step toward better fitness. If you do not affordable for paying money, then many easy ways for an exercise.
john.huston45

Return to Exercise Talk