It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:21 am

Free Newsletter

Exercise DVD's

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise DVD's

Postby Ally » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi there lovely peoples just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for exercise DVD's :?:

I need to get some that are good for really overweight, preferably ones that show different fitness levels so that as I lose weight I can increase the intensity. If you know of any good ones please list them for me!! I used to have some old weight watchers exercise video's, but I played them to death. I am interested in any form, whether it be anything from pilates to just a general workout

Thanks heaps
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby grugwashere » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi,
i recently borrowed a walk away the pounds dvd from my cousin and i am really enjoying it..... i only have one of them but there is an extensive range that u can get.... i had a lookon ebay the other day and there is box sets etc on there for relatively decent prices....

:D
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:10 pm

Hi ally

check out your local library, you can find some there and theyre free to borrow and you can then return them when you feel like a change- or re-borrow them.

i love my afternoon workouts in the loungeroom i blast the music and most importantly have fun :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:09 pm

I definetly recommend the walk away the pounds with Leslie Sansone, dvd as well , I have the 3 of them you start of slow and can build up to a 3 mile walk when your ready. You can buy them individually or as a set of the 3. I bought mine from kmart I think.

They were and are, great for someone like me who hadnt exercised for some time :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:43 pm

thanks guys gives me a starting point....will hit the shops and the library tomorrow!!
[/url]
Ally

Yoga

Postby Rachael » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:42 am

If you are wanting to try Yoga but are a bit worried about being on the ground. I found Yoga For Dummy's was very good. They give alternative positions and there is a seperate section of the DVD for people who have the hang of it a little better than others.

:)
Rachael

Postby milo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:52 pm

I have "hotpants" which I think is great. Its a variety of little dance routines which go for about 8 minutes each. You dont feel as if your having a huge workout but you actually do..

I also have areobics oz style fat burner 2. I likes it at first but it gets kinda borning. But honestly it pushes you

And I have a kick boxing one. I havnt done it in ages, its great but extremly tiring and you can feel it the next day :D
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:02 pm

I have a video tape of Leslie Sansones very first walk aerobics and it is fabulous but my video is broken :(

I am watching some of her DVD's on ebay at the moment too - they are soooo good for anyone who is starting out.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:29 pm

"The Hollywood Trainer" series with Jeanette Jenkins is great! I have the Kickboxing Bootcamp, Pilates, Cardio Sculpt, Abs and Cross-Training dvds and they are really good.

The girl who takes them isn't totally annoying and perky like some, and she actually has a realistic body, ie bigger muscly legs and arms.

The Yoga Zone Yoga DVD's are also great. And surprisingly, the Geri Halliwell GeriBody Yoga is great too.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Kyles » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:01 pm

I use to have Walk Aerobics by Leslie Sasones (but it was under her old surname) and that was fantastic as even though it was low impact - you felt a good work out while doing it..but after it finished you felt as though you hadnt exercised at all....so had plenty of energy to get on with the day...- however this tape has since gone missing.

I am now using Walk you way Slim by Prevention fitness systems. Its great as they have three different ladies exercising at once and you just follow the one that you can keep up with. After a couple of weeks you will find yourself following the intermediate lady and then eventually the advanced lady. I got it from Rebel Sport about a year ago..and I think it was still being advertised in the latest slimming & health magazine!!
Kylie : )

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wz9V01c/]
[/url]
Kyles

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:04 am

I have the dance dvd by the same people Kyles....it sure works up a sweat!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby grugwashere » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:59 am

i would definately reccomend walk away the pounds... i love it its good workout but its not hard to follow.

grugwashere

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:11 am

Hey grug welcome back!! I have the WATP 1,2 and 3 mile and also the walk and jog one!! I think they are great!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby grugwashere » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:56 am

where did you get them all from and what was the cost i am going to try and get back into excercise and hate leaving the house to do it... but i found that doing the same one dvd over and over got a little umm on the boring side.... :D

grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:56 pm

i got mine on ebay and from kmart :)
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Exercise Talk