It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

Exercise DVD's

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Ok Thanks for letting me know that Dee....will have to compare prices!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:27 pm

Does anyone know if there are DVDs that give a workout routine for workout benches? (with the big dumbell thing and stuff)

Also whats the best DVD for a fitness ball?
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby bluebox451 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:44 pm

I know Cathe has a "Gym style chest and triceps" workout and that would use a bench. Her DVDs are hard core - I tried one the other day and my shoulders are still sore. The cardio one I did was so hard I thought I would die and I consider myself pretty fit :roll:
Anyway, back to the topic, the australian website where you can check out her range is
http://www.thefitnesssolution.com.au/st ... Thumbs=100
She has a pretty big range.
Liz :)
bluebox451

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:28 am

bluebox451 wrote:I know Cathe has a "Gym style chest and triceps" workout and that would use a bench. Her DVDs are hard core - I tried one the other day and my shoulders are still sore. The cardio one I did was so hard I thought I would die and I consider myself pretty fit :roll:
Anyway, back to the topic, the australian website where you can check out her range is

Thanks! But they are VERY expensive. =/ Do you think they are only for girls or can guys use them?
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:47 pm

I know guys use them too because you can use as heavy a weight as you want. She's pretty tough and not too girly :wink:
And all the exercises are ones that men normally do in the gym eg. bench press, flyes etc etc.
I dont know how much DVDs usually cost but I thought $34 was about average?? I checked out the american webpage andthey were heaps more expensive. And the good thing about her DVDs is that she has heaps of different premixes and extras. I sound like an advertisement but I really admire her physique and strength - check out her delts!!
bluebox451

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:50 pm

Oh, forgot to add that they are not just an hour workout - and there is a menu where you can pick a shorter workout or a longer workout or just the bits you want.
bluebox451

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:55 pm

Yeah that's about average price for a workout DVD, Liz! You can get some real cheapies from like JB Hifi but theyre usually pretty rubbish!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue May 01, 2007 1:38 am

bluebox451 wrote:I know guys use them too because you can use as heavy a weight as you want. She's pretty tough and not too girly :wink:
And all the exercises are ones that men normally do in the gym eg. bench press, flyes etc etc.
I dont know how much DVDs usually cost but I thought $34 was about average?? I checked out the american webpage andthey were heaps more expensive. And the good thing about her DVDs is that she has heaps of different premixes and extras. I sound like an advertisement but I really admire her physique and strength - check out her delts!!

I'm pov tho. :(

I find that site hard to use... Do you know where it says how to pay for stuff (like paypal or money order?)

:D
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby bluebox451 » Tue May 01, 2007 3:07 pm

I emailed her for you - she may be able to help. I paid for mine via paypal but u can pay by credit or cheque/money order too I think.
Re the word "pov" - I havent heard that for ages!! It gave me a laugh! Sorry, not laughing at you, just the word. We used to say that at school all the time when our mothers would refuse to give us money! Haha :lol: :lol:
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby KimE » Tue May 01, 2007 8:41 pm

Which cardio one did you do Liz? Did it have steps?

I don't have a step at the moment and I noticed a lot of the DVD's seem to have steps in them. May look into getting one but not right away and I am definitely gonna get one of the pump style DVD's but any info on the cardio stuff would be great.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby CrimsonThunder » Wed May 02, 2007 3:31 pm

bluebox451 wrote:I emailed her for you - she may be able to help. I paid for mine via paypal but u can pay by credit or cheque/money order too I think.

Thanks. ;)

bluebox451 wrote:Re the word "pov" - I havent heard that for ages!! It gave me a laugh! Sorry, not laughing at you, just the word. We used to say that at school all the time when our mothers would refuse to give us money! Haha :lol: :lol:
Liz :D

Yeah we used it in school all the time as well. :P
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby bluebox451 » Wed May 02, 2007 3:45 pm

I havent checked them all out yet but the one I did which was mostly cardio did use a bit of step too. It was Imax 3 I think. I'm embarrassed to say I couldnt do it all :oops: :oops: I had to keep stopping it was so hard. On the site you can see which ones need equipment - have you seen the other ones (Amy Bento, Tracy Staehle) they may be (not sure) just cardio without a step - I think there's a kickboxing one.
I'm pretty sure the steps you can get from Kmart or wherever arent the full size proper step and thats why they're so cheap. I got mine from a place in oakleigh that sells legitimate reebok steps and I think I paid about $100? They also had cheaper ones (not reebok brand) for about $80-90 but they're the proper big ones. I know its a bit expensive but I've seen them other places heaps more. Sometmes people sell their second hand ones on ebay. I think there's also a place in Altona or somewhere out there that sells ex gym equipment - might be worth a look. Perhaps you can make you own out of something sturdy (ie. not phonebooks)?
Hope that helps
bluebox451

Postby MissE » Wed May 02, 2007 5:51 pm

I just did Jillian Michael's Biggest Winner Cardio Kickboxing!! I had one break for 3 mins to catch my breath, but otherwise went straight through, I'm so proud!
A great workout, its fun and not cheesy, and its only 25 mins, 30 including warm-down so you dont get bored or too buggered :D
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Cathe DVDs

Postby RPMgirl » Wed May 02, 2007 10:38 pm

Reckless wrote:
bluebox451 wrote:I know Cathe has a "Gym style chest and triceps" workout and that would use a bench. Her DVDs are hard core - I tried one the other day and my shoulders are still sore. The cardio one I did was so hard I thought I would die and I consider myself pretty fit :roll:

Thanks! But they are VERY expensive. =/ Do you think they are only for girls or can guys use them?

Hello there,

I'm the "other Liz" that your "Liz" (bluebox) was mentioning. I sell the Cathe DVDs. The Gym Style Series can be used by both men and women and replicate very well the workout you get at a gym, but at home. I originally started using Cathe DVDs after the birth of my second baby when I couldn't get to the gym and more recently when my husband and I moved to a remote location that doesn't have a gym.

They may seem expensive but on each DVD there are Premixes which mix the workout in many different ways. For example on Amy Bento's All PUmp workout which is similar to a Body Pump class, there are 10 different workouts on the one DVD which is a very reasonable $24.95.

I currently accept credit cards through Paypal (you don't have to have an account to operate), direct debit (I send you the details) and Money Order/Cheque.

I am very happy to answer any questions you may have about the DVDs before you buy them (so you can get the DVD best suited to your needs), and to answer any questions you have about fitness DVDs in general.

I will warn you that I will be closed for the next week as I am moving house, but am very happy to help through this forum as necessary.

Thanks a lot
Liz N
RPMgirl

Postby Ally » Thu May 03, 2007 11:16 am

Just a quick note that you can't actually advertise on the forum ladies...it is fine to have the links posted for people to go through, but you can't actually sell off the forum......please pm the admin if you have any further enquiries....thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

PreviousNext

Return to Exercise Talk