Well I walked up to the gym to do my usual jump on the cross trainer for 20 mins. Now I do the hills option on the cross trainer specifically kilimanjaro which is a graduated incline to a peak and then graduated decline within the time limit set. I have recently moved up to level 9 (there is 20 in total). When I move to a new level I slowly build up the rpms each time I go getting my body used to the new level. So it could be 5-6 visits before moving up a level. Anyway I moved up to level 9 last week and kept it at around 58-60rpms the next time I would be going 60-62 but the day after I didn't do hills and did the straight but at level 10. Yesterday I jumped on and did Level 9 hills again and forgot where I was and started keeping it up around 68-70 rpms. Realised afterwards I had probably pushed it a little far. So today I wander in thinking hills, level 9 around 62 rpm. The workout stated and I couldn't do it....had to drop it right down to level 1. I don't know what the heck is going on. Having been puzzling it out ever since and have come up with a few things it could be:
- I am getting sick and the body is telling trying to slow me down
- I haven't really been doing levels at all and it's been level 1 the whole time (unlikely)
- the machine was newly calibrated thereby restoring higher settings (possibly)
- I overworked myself the day before and muscles are protesting
- I have over trained and need a break
- it's all in my head and I am being a big woosy girl!
Any suggestions/experiences happy to listen.
I like the cross trainer.
Anyway if you got through all that thanks for reading.