It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Free Newsletter

How Annoying!!!!!!

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

How Annoying!!!!!!

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:25 am

Right, I'm now annoyed!

A work colleage just came into my office to offer me a biscuit, to which I politely declined.

She said I should have one as I need "fattening up". She then asked if I was still going to the gym twice a day... and I said I was.

My excercise regime at the moment is:
Weekdays - gym in morning, walk at lunchtime, half hour cardio on my home gym at night.
Weekends - just the one trip to the gym, or I go for a run

She said there was a particular eating disorder where you compulsively need to excercise every day, to make up for all the food you have supposedly eaten. She reckons I might have this, and then proceeded to say that I "need help" :shock: :x

I know that this is not me at all. The reason I'm doing this much at the moment is because this is the only way for me to lose weight. My body hangs on to its fat like anything, so I have needed to take a very aggressive approach to it.

But, as I'm getting closer to my goal weight, and achieving some really great results (which I'm really proud of btw!) I'm looking forward to dropping the night time excercise from my regime, and having more time in the evenings for other things. I'll look at doing this in the next week or so... can't wait :)

This I did not get to mention to my wonderful colleage before she whoooshed out of the room!

Anyway, while I sit here and simmer.... and thoughts on this? Should I be horribly annoyed, or is this a reasonable comment???
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:58 am

i think she should mind her own bees wax!! i am so cranky reading that. how dare she? she was basically implying that you have some sort of disorder. what is wrong with you wanting to be healthier and fitter? good on you for declining the bikkie too!!! i cant stand people who make comments about another persons weight unless it is something nice to say. its none of her business.
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:58 am

p.s. im proud of you too! well done mate!
kate_turner2000

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:16 pm

Hey Sarah - firstly I think she definitely had no right to make those comments! It is not fair to imply to someone that you think they may have a disorder unless you are close family or close friends.

Secondly - it does seem like you are doing a lot of exercise but every person is different and I know this, so whatever works for you is fine.

I'm curious to know how tall you are though? Are you already within your healthy weight range? Or are you definitely set on hitting your goal weight of 49? It seems like you are running yourself into the ground to shed the last few kilo's when perhaps your body might have already found it's happy place where you're maintaining? I don't really know though because I haven't been on here long enough to follow your progress over the last few weeks.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Thanks Kate.. and Kate :D

Yeah her comments were a bit off, and really quite rude! I think it was jealousy... I have the ability to say no to biscuits, whereas she never seems to stop eating them :lol: People always try to cut others down who seem to be having success, in any area of life :(

Other question.. I'm about 160cm. I have just hit a BMI of around 20, so yes my final goal of 49kg will put me down to about 19. But that's what I'm really comfortable with. I have been there a couple of times in the past, and it was great! (Just can't maintain it because I start pigging out again, rewarding myself too much, and going back to bad habits.) I have a fair bit of muscle, plus I have a shocking bone structure, so that every little ounce of fat really shows :x So, that's the BMI that is best for me and my body structure. I won't look horribly skinny or anything...

Once I get to the 49kg my plan is to make my way back up to 50kg but by putting on the muscle rather than the fat! So it will be the weights for me :)

Funnily enough I don't feel too tired with the extra excercise (the only addition has been the half hour at night). I have been doing that for about 2 months now. But I'm a super fit gym junky so I can handle it really well :P
SarahC

Postby grugwashere » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:05 pm

this woman sounds a bit jealous to me that you are able to resist the bikkie and to go to the gym religiously... you should be extremely proud of yourself (which no doubt you are) and not worry about her. my jaw almost hit the floor when i read about that woman... i think she needs help,
joanna
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:24 pm

Thanks Joanna... and don't worry my jaw almost hit the floor too! Luckily I was sitting at my desk, so the keyboard broke it's fall :lol: :lol:
SarahC

Postby Garfield » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:31 pm

People are always going to think that they know what's best for you. It's none of her business. What a cow.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Sounds like a case of jealousy over you not taking the bikkie.

I think she was rude and offensive. No one really knows what it takes for another person to lose weight. You know what is best and do not seem to be displaying any whacky, over the top behaviour in relation to your weight loss. The worse thing is this silly cow probably thinks she was helping. Perhaps you should go and tell her you think she needs therapy to help her with her need to force food on other people so she can feel better about eating it herself!

Crikey, I am surprised how much that annoyed me. She'd get what for if she pulled that crap on me!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:46 pm

Hi Sarah, many people that are almost at goal cop the same flack. Try not to worry about her, we know you're doing the right thing, like everyone here says she was probably jealous, perhaps someone at work (that she likes) says you are a bit of a looker or something.
Dolly

Postby Puffer » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:59 pm

I got to admit, seeing your at 55kg and your trying to hard to get to 49kg made me raise my eyebrows a bit. But I saw your picture in your progress thread and your weight doesn't look unhealthy on you at all. I was concerned before I saw your photo because I have a friend who weighs 55kg, but she is quite tall and carries weight well, and if she were to loose any weight I would be very concerned for her (she is actually trying to gain weight at the moment).

I really do think this woman is just jealous of your self control - I know I am :lol:
Puffer

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:54 pm

:lol: see I'm really short and carry my weight really badly...

Kim I think you might be dead right about her needing to force the food onto others so she doesn't feel so bad. She regularly does the circuit of the office with cakes, chocolates, biscuits etc. And if there's any food left lying in the kitchen, she goes around and tells everyone it's there...

Normally I just take whatever she has on offer, to be polite. I should have just taken the silly biscuit and found someone to give it to :D

Oh well, I'm feeling a bit better about it now, and by Monday it will be (almost) forgotten. Big thanks to everyone for your comments and support!

Oh and I had a bit of fun this afternoon, changing the water bottle on top of the cooler, showing off that I am able to easily lift the 20kg bottle! (The spare bottles are kept right next to her desk) All that work in the gym must pay off....
SarahC

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:58 pm

Geez Sarah, some people are right dipsticks, next time she comes making insults tell her that if she doesn't leave you alone you'll shove her bikkie where the sun don't shine!!! LOL. Some people just have no social skills!! Ignore her and know that you are doing what you want foryou. You know your body and know what you are doing!! The cheek of some people (now you have me all cranky!!! LOL) I agree with Kim, certainly sounds like a case of the green eyed monster rearing her ugly head
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:50 am

Sounds like
a) She needs to mind her own buisiness
and
b) Maybe she is trying to sabotage your weightloss efforts? The fact that she is offering you biscuits even though she knows you are eating healthy, and making comments on how much exercise you are doing sounds to me like she may be having an attack of the green eyed monster? All I can say is that YOU know your body. YOU know where you feel healthy, and YOU have to live in your skin, day in day out for the rest of your life. Bugger what other people think, you are doing incredibly well, only worry about what you think of yourself. xxx (btw, can I say bugger? hehe :P )
chubbybubby

Postby SarahC » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:30 am

Oh dear... didn't mean to get everyone else annoyed too! Sorry :oops:

Yeah definitely none of her business. I feel really great (especially now the scales have just tipped under 50 :!: ), so who cares if she thinks I am a crazed lunatic! She would struggle to do a couple of minutes on a treadmill, so she probably can't comprehend the amount that I do :P

Oh well, little black mark is recorded against her name in the back of my mind... moving right along :D
SarahC

Next

Return to Exercise Talk