It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:09 am

Free Newsletter

Advice on running

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Advice on running

Postby Carley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:27 am

As so,e of you know I have started running, I now running for 15 minutes but I'm working up to a marathon.

I find when I run at the middle of the day, I'm weak, I'm tired, I'm dizzy and it only happens when I run. Any ideas why?

I normally do 60-90 minutes at the gym. That would be cross training, running, walking and the bike.

Someone told me because of the running I need to up my carbs. Any advice would be great.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos

Re: Advice on running

Postby Runner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi carley, I've just started running again too. I usually run after work at about 2pm. The days I run I make sure I have a piece of toast with my cereal at breakfast, usually a museli bar or a banana at about 10am, and then a lite sandwich for lunch at about 12:30. Just to make sure I have enough energy for my run. I have never felt dizzy or weak.
Maybe your pushing yourself too hard. When you run could you hold a conversation with the person next to you? Its going to be a bit breathless but you shouldn't be gasping for air after each word. Got to admit thats the reconmendation but sometimes its hard to stick too!
If you run, say in the morning or later, is it better?
Do you run outside or treadmill it?

Return to Exercise Talk