It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 am

Free Newsletter

yoga/pilates dvd's??????????????????????????????????????????

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

yoga/pilates dvd's??????????????????????????????????????????

Postby pixychic86 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:29 pm

hey everyone.

i brought some yoga/pilates dvd's to start on monday. one of them targets flat abs, one for arms/butt/thighs and the other one is yoga for core strength and spinal exercises.

ive always been abit sceptical about pilates/yoga dvd's. i was wondering if anyone has had success with them and if they do other exercises as well andhow often you do the dvd's??

i was thinkin for starters, i might do a different one every second day, so on mondays, wednesdays and fridays, to have a day of rest in between. then eventually i will build up to doing cardio on the inbetween days. how does that sound???
pixychic86

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:09 pm

that sounds pretty good. I was looking at getting a yoga/pilates dvd to do in the mornings..

What ones did you get? Let me know how you find them!
Mandie

Postby pixychic86 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:17 pm

they are called 'stottes' pilates and yoga dvd's. i got them from target.
pixychic86

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:57 am

Jess I think you have a sound plan going there. I have both yoga and pilates DVD's but don't use them often enough to really say how they work.

I love the yoga as the one I have is hatha yoga and tends to be about stretching and breathing more than anything. The pilates is building core strength and I was surprised at how well I did it which probably comes from the regular weight/strength training I do weekly. Which must mean something is getting stronger! :lol:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby pixychic86 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:45 pm

yer ive always been abit sceptical about them. i just dont have any options hey! i cant afford the gym or any gym equipment, i cant go walking cuz i live in a rough neighbourhood.

i finish uni in 2 weeks, then i have til the end of january off so thats plenty of time to do these dvd's and hopefully get some resuts hey.
pixychic86

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:53 pm

I'm of the opinion any exercise is better than none, however, you may want to also get some sort of cardio/aerobic DVD to get your heart rate up to strengthen the heart muscle. Then do a mixture of cardio and strength so your body gets fitter and stronger. Although I think some pilates are pretty active but not the one I have so it's just a thought.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Garfield » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:29 pm

I love pilates! It's really good, I can definitely recommend doing that dvd. You might need to try different dvds though, because some of them focus on different things and you might need to find the one that's best/most fun for you.
Have fun with it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:29 pm

I am a huge fan of yoga & pilates DVD's! I have several at home and yes they work. I always feel my muscles the next day and even though I don't do them regularly, I do think that they have helped with toning me up during my weight loss.

I have two yogalates DVD's by Louise Solomon which I LOVE! They are a combination of yoga & pilates and they work very well. These are my favourites that I do most often.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Return to Exercise Talk