It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Exercise Ideas

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise Ideas

Postby lovelylucy » Mon May 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi there,

I am so slack with exercising. Everyday I say I will go for a walk/do something active, but everyday I put it off. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. I've thought about getting up early and doing before work but the idea of 5:30am makes me sad. What do you do, to get your butt out of bed. Also what exercise should I be doing. I can run quite comfortably for about 3.5 kms. Should I be running or walking and how often? I would liek to work my way up to 12kms for the City to Surf.

All advice welcomed :)
lovelylucy

Re: Exercise Ideas

Postby GokhanO » Tue May 25, 2010 11:23 am

lovelylucy wrote: I've thought about getting up early and doing before work but the idea of 5:30am makes me sad. What do you do, to get your butt out of bed.

Initially it can be pretty hard to get up in the mornings, but after a while you will start to crave it. Goal setting, and determination to achieve those goals, is the best way to get yourself motivated. City to surf is a good example. Another option is to get yourself a training partner.

lovelylucy wrote: Also what exercise should I be doing.

Whatever you enjoy doing. Also it really depends on what you want to achieve. For marathon running you should be doing a lot of aerobic, and muscular strength and endurance training.

lovelylucy wrote: Should I be running or walking and how often? I would liek to work my way up to 12kms for the City to Surf.

How often depends on how seriously you want to take the race. If you plan on winning you need to be training twice a day, seven days a week. if you just want to complete the race then maybe 3 to 4 times a week at an intensity appropriate to your target time and fitness level.

If your goal is to run a marathon, then you should be aiming to do as much running in your training as possible. There are also things such as interval training with active rest that you can do that will improve your running fitness, but the general idea is to do the exercises at the pace you want perform at during competition (of course you need to build up to this).

Good luck with getting to do the City to Surf. :)
Personal Trainer.
GokhanO

Postby geowilson20 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Myself, I love hybrids. It doubles the amount of background and thought you can put into a character!

Chaladin/chalord works well as does:
druid/ranger
barbarian (thane)/bard
sorcerer/barbarian
cleric/avenger
cleric/shaman
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
geowilson20

Postby Marina_J » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:10 pm

I also had that type of problem before, then I have started yoga and now I found it too useful. You can also try out this.
Marina_J

Return to Exercise Talk