It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 am

Free Newsletter

Wii Fit Plus - Some advice please!!

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Wii Fit Plus - Some advice please!!

Postby nothing2lose » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 pm

One small step for womankind, one GIANT step for n2l

I have just done my first wii fit workout!!!!!

That may not sound like much but to me it is a big deal. I am not an exerciser - other than incidental walking. Sure, I flirt with the exercise bike every now and then and occasionally I will go on a "purposeful" walk but I have never been to the gym * unless you count aqua aerobics which I did twice.

But on the weekend I bought a wii fit plus.

I have been thinking about it for a while but I finally bit the bullet and got it and the Biggest Loser disc too.

Does anyone else on here use it? Can you recommend any favourites?

I thought half an hour a day of combined activities would be a good place to start.
What do people think?

Should I be aiming for a specific amount of calories to burn?

advice gratefully received!! (I have posted this my personal progress thread too)

n2l
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Re: Wii Fit Plus - Some advice please!!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:42 pm

I don't have one so I'm afraid I have no advice to give. I just wanted to say yay you! How did you find your first workout? Are they as fun as everyone says? Did you feel like you really worked up a sweat? I really hope you're enjoying it!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby nothing2lose » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi!

It took a while to set up (but then I am a wii novice). Luckily my 8 year old daughter is home with chicken pox so she helped me!
It was fun. Challenging in parts. I dont think I worked up a tremendous sweat but I kind of used today as a trial run.
One thing I worked out is I am very uncoordinated, but I imagine that will improve as I get to know the exercises.

I think intensity will increase too once I know what I am doing!

I am just hoping it wont gather dust in the corner after a few goes. Mind you, my 23 kg little girl has done about 2 1/2 hours on it since lunchtime! And that is with chicken pox!!! She LOVES it. (perhaps she was switched at birth!)

n2l
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

nothing2lose

Postby nothing2lose » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:55 pm

And another thing...it says I am a kilo lighter than my scales do, so you have to LOVE that!

(i have it on carpet...does that make a difference? I always thought that carpet would register heavier, not lighter!)

nothing2lose

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:01 pm

nothing2lose wrote:And another thing...it says I am a kilo lighter than my scales do, so you have to LOVE that!

(i have it on carpet...does that make a difference? I always thought that carpet would register heavier, not lighter!)

I have no idea. Let's just say it registers truer. :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Siege-a-licious » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:56 am

Hi N2L

I LOVE my wii fit!!! I use the advanced step up class, put my iPod in and go nuts!! I dont do it in time with my character as I find it too slow. 20 mins of stepping (my record is 3200, in 20 mins the machine expects you to do 2400) burns like 200 calories. I think usually do a 10 min jog around my lounge, a couple of hula hoop rounds, and then a couple of run throughs of the obsticle course. By the end of it, (usually 40-45 mins) I have usually burnt about 360+ calories, and I am BUGGERED!
I also like using the ski jump and my tummy muscles are very sore the next day lol, so I must be doing something right.

I lost 2.4 kg's in 1 week just by doing the step class, but im not sure if that was just beginners luck or not??

I love the part when you are weighing in at the beginning and your little mii character is skinny then it gets bigger when it displays your weight lol, so cute! Its fun at the same time, which is what I like :)

I wouldnt be too worried about the 1kg weight difference, I use it to weigh my staffy as well and when we go to the vets he is a very similar weight on their scales.

Good luck with everything :)
Me 25 Him 28
TTC #1 since March 2007

Doing this for our babies in waiting!

Siege-a-licious

Postby nannyrai » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:13 pm

I bought the Wii and Wiifit for christmas last year because I fell in love with it at a friends place and it gave me no excuse for not doing anything particularly later in the evening because i can do it after dinner and burn off some off what i have eaten.

I am a massive fan of the ski jump I love seeing how far i can jump, and then occasionally i miss and roll down the hill as a snowball. Its pretty funny. My housemate is exceptionally good at the skateboarding I am SO jealous. Its fun im just not that talented. I do the step class because its easy and makes me feel like im doing something but my first love is the rhythm kung fu. Its fun, you sway, the musics hilarious and i cant help but laugh looking at the other characters swaying with their eyes closed.

trying to think of what else i do....the hula hoop is exhausting, i cant do the soccer dodge cuz i ALWAYS get hit in the head and the yoga and stretching ones are good cuz you get to chill and focus a bit. I really love the Zazen too. I can get all the way to the end its awesome.

with the exception of the ones ive mentioned that i do all the time i mostly just pick things at random and keep going until i get up to half an hour
nannyrai

Postby countrymum83 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Hey i also have a wii fit, i have wii fit, wii fit plus, biggest looser, cardio workout (boxing) and jillian micheals.... the only ones that i found that actually work up a sweat are the biggest looser, cardio workout (recommend this to anyone) and jillian micheals...
countrymum83

Postby Princess Juki » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:34 am

I love my Wii Fit for the yoga and strength exercises. I haven't really used the other parts of the program (but maybe I should).

I have gone through phases where I use it a lot but I mostly see results in my strength and toning. I think that for about 40min of yoga and strength it burns about 130 cal.

To fit in to my Wedding Dress:
Bust: Start (113cm) Current (108cm) Goal (90cm)
Waist: Start (93.5cm) Current (87cm) Goal (70cm)
Hips: Start (119.5cm) Current (111cm) Goal (99cm)
Princess Juki

Return to Exercise Talk