It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 am

Free Newsletter

Exercise routine??

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise routine??

Postby usaher85 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Hello,

I am a 5'5 female and weigh 120 lbs. I would like to tone up my body (especially my buns, thighs, and abs) and lose some weight. I've been alternating my workout routine: I run on my treadmill for 35 mins, do taebo (ultimate upper/lower body), do the 8 mins exercise tapes (with jaime brenkus), and 3 days ago, I started using the ab revolutionary.

Am I trying to do too much? It seems that I have all the latest "fabs" and yet I don't see any results Do you know when can I expect to see real results (I've been doing this for about 1-2 weeks).

Your replies and suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed. It is against forum rules to link to commercial sites in your sig.
usaher85

Re: Exercise routine??

Postby Marina_J » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:18 pm

The tip is that you don’t have to workout too long, but you have to know how to squeeze the maximum from every workout routine. Every exercise has its own important things which you have to know in order to achieve excellent results. I spent 10 years going to different workouts and collect valuable knowledge what is in benefit for women. And the most important thing I’ve learned is that if you make exercises in proper way, you achieve your goals.
I have tried various workout routines – fitness, yoga, callanetics, and aerobics. Each gave me knowledge on how to refuel my body with energy .Fitness classes taught me about the muscles of the human body and what foods to eat in order to feel good. Yoga made me supple.
I like looking good, feeling good and inspiring others with my enthusiasm.
Marina_J

Re: Exercise routine??

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:29 pm

For me...and although male...I can tell you that it takes time no matter who you are. Routine is the key word and hits the nail on the head. Don't try to hard in the beginning but DO TRY to make it a routine. You may benifit from changing that routine, mixing it up...doing intervals...and so on...but early on don't worry about all that...Just keep getting up or doing it when you find the time...That's the 1st thing you have to do and nothing else...do this until it becomes a habit which they say can be up to 30-40 days to typically create.

In that time you will naturally build up your strength...I have had best results when combining Cardio with Strength (weights) Usually cardio first followed by strength.

FOOD...only something that I now respect...is very important after you have established your routine...Don't do too much at once...I switched to healthy eating habbits 1st, then have now stared exercising...still within my 1st month of building that routine.............but it's coming together well. I am starting to mix up my workout times as I have become confidant with having developed that routine...Snacking...you will get hungry if your body is getting stronger...only natural...sometimes I feel I have failed by eating a little more during these times; however don't beat yourself up over it...Just try to stick with healthy foods..........

REST.............You actually gain the strength and or see + feel that slimming down effect, after having slept...well I do anyways :) If only that was all it took...Once you know how it all works...put in the hard yards and are patient enough...you'll be able to inspire yourself using the mirror instead of the scales...BIG CHANGE for me.......as I was a scales guy......but now find using the mirror tells you a hell of a lot more.

I've been off and on for many years........it was not until I gave up eating crap that my workout attempts have become much easier.......in my old age :roll:
Good luck with it...............just concentrate on routine for now. :wink: keep that up, & you'll seek out what you need to know.
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Return to Exercise Talk