It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Free Newsletter

An Interesting Week

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

An Interesting Week

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:57 am

Well I wasn't sure really where to put this little post. Probably should be in my progress but I use that for pics and since I am gonna bang on about exercise I thought I would put it here. It's long, boring and really just my thoughts.

So I wasn't too thrilled with my results this week but at the same time it wasn't a big surprise. I had a VERY big well I guess pig out is what it should be called last Saturday although that wasn't the intention the food was just quite heavy. I have felt like I carried it with me all week. Then I get my period and I had been having slightly bigger dinners than I usually do through the week but nothing over the top and still well under my daily cal intake for maintenance. Still did the same amount of cardio but did manage to do 3 weight sessions. 1 was my old routine and 2 were a new routine I have just started. I have gone back to some basics on the weights with this new routine and am doing the reps nice and slow and boy did I feel the load. So I have felt like this routine is wayyyy more effective than anything else I have done.

So I do my weigh in on Saturday and it's a little over, no biggy really considering the above but my body fat % is down. I am thinking I have gained some muscle which I actually thought was somewhat impossible to gain weight and decrease body fat. 300g really is neither here nor there I guess where the scales are concerned given that many things including fluid (period) can affect it but I feel like I have gained muscle and moreover from the new weight routine. Not sure if such things can happen that quickly or if it is in my head. Of course it could just be a natural progression as I have been doing weights regularly for some time.

My new routine includes exercise using equipment I don't have. Now I know there are alternative exercise that can be done using free weights but I really enjoy doing weights so have decided to invest some money in a bench press. I got to the shop (fitnesschoice) and they don't quite have the one on the website so I ended up getting something way better. Yeah it cost more but not by much all things considered and it can do a whole lot more that I will use. So I ended up with a bench press multi gym. So I can now do a load of stuff I couldn't before. It has a leg extension and lat attachment with a chest developer thingy. I am in love with my new machine. Figured it was time to get serious as I don't like doing weights at the gym for a number of reasons mainly time. I can find the time at home as I already do and use the gym for cardio. This means no more floor exercises and push ups! I can do all the chest exercises you can poke a stick at on this thing plus I can use the bench for one arm rows and abdominals. Hey, and if all else fails it makes a really good seat for up to 3 people and has a place to store my barbell. It's even blokey enough for my hubby to use should he feel so inclined. The good part was I got a discount for mentioning this site (Thanks Scott! :D ). So don't forget to check out the home page for special offers....see I always said it was very useful. Happy with my purchase and will let you all know how it goes.

Today I am off for a lunch with a friend I haven't seen in 6 months so that will be wonderful. I am going to keep my head when ordering and drink water. No fried chips thanks!

I know long and disjointed but thanks for reading if you managed to get this far. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:52 am

Hi kim

thanks for sharing with us :) i find it fascinating reading everyones progress because i know if i ever get to a certain stage i can ask for advice or help (like when i asked about the weights!) enjoy your weight bench masterpiece! its nice to invest in something you know you can use. also if you are at home doing a load of washing or waiting for the floors to dry you always have time to do a few reps :) nice idea :)

you are doing so well you inspire me
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:15 pm

Great to hear that you've got yourself some good exercise equipment. You will not only be at goal shortly but you'll also have a shapely bod.
hugs
Dolly
Dolly

Postby KimE » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:41 am

Thanks gals...you are brave ones to have read through that jumble! :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:28 pm

That is great Kim!! Wow as Dolly said we are going to be seeing a more toned and buffed Kim!!

I think we would all be surprised at how quickly we can build muscle. As for you gain Kim, I would say it definately had a lot to do with your monthlies. I know I feel like dirt when I am due and have the same feeling that you mentioned about 'carrying it around for a week' feeling. I find it hard to eat breads and some pastas around that time too as it just makes me feel like I have overeaten (even though it is only 1 serve).

You are going so well mate and this has been a small (although a bit disheartening for you) gain. I think you will find that with all the increase exercise and those dreaded monthlies things will definately balance out for you on those scales this week!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks Ally. I'm not too worried about it, feeling optimistic this week and bod feels less sluggish.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:59 pm

Watch out Arnie ,Kims comin after you lol . I cant weight(sic) till i start to tone up in the arms . i have the dreadly underwadlles you wave with your hand but so does your upper arm
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:06 am

That is good Kim that you don't feel sluggish this week...I really dislike that feeling as I don't know about you, but it affects my general mood as well!! (maybe I am just grumpy!! LOL)

Oh Jules, you come out with some jems :P !
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Exercise Talk