It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:50 am

Free Newsletter

SKipping xD

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

SKipping xD

Postby HenryHo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:44 pm

i am really lazy and dun like going out for runs but i dun mind going to my back yard to skip
like today i skipped will sweat came off my forehead and on to the ground.

so my questions is wouls skipping be good for losing weight, cause i find it a more convientient way for me to do excersise,
and about how long should i skip for before i start to burn some fat, and would i start to grow taller if i skip cause im 182 cm
right now i dont want to grown any more.

thank you
step by step and you will get there... eventually....

Current: 93.5kg
Goal: 85 kg
Date: 15/10/10
HenryHo

Re: SKipping xD

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Skipping is EXCELLENT cardio and very good for weight loss. It's what boxers use to get their cardio fitness up and shed weight to be in lower weight brackets (ever seen "Rocky"? :wink: ). It's also great for working all the little leg muscles that help you balance - bonus - as well as fantastic for those arm muscles too. And as you said, very convenient so long as you have somewhere free from snags to do it in. Make sure you have supportive shoes if you're like me and have dodgy knees and ankles.

Oh and to make it more interesting, nominate a "punishment" for getting the rope caught, for example, 5 pushups or sit ups. Gives it a bit of variety which helps alternate your heart rate (similar to interval training) and an incentive to keep those feet up! In general, you need to be exercising for at least 30-40min before you start eating into the fat stores, but anything is good!

Don't know if it would help you get taller - that's more or less a genetic and nutrition thing. More activity could help with posture so you stand and sit more upright and not slouched which would effectively make you taller. Maybe?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Exercise Talk