It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Free Newsletter

FREE YOGO DVD Download!!!!

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FREE YOGO DVD Download!!!!

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 pm

[quote="Dave"]I don't usually pop out of my Food Diary "Blog"...BUT I felt some of you might appreciate what's on offer here:
FREE BEGINNERS YOGA DVD download:
http://yoga.org.nz/yoga_vidoes.htm
The intro was a little weird at first with two half naked guys doing their poses and what not...BUT...I soon set aside such shallow thinking and began to see it for what it was. It was an excellent product considering its FREE.
*Note...the file does not appear to be in DVD format...The file type is .wmv (ask a friend to convert it for you otherwise use Google to find out how to do so or try my method below)
I soon found a FREE (full version or it encodes a full length file)Converter...that way I can play it on my 47Inch LCD via the PS3...you could also convert to DVD if you wished...here is the link to the conversion program:
Freemake Video Converter
http://freemake-video-converter.en.softonic.com/
Once I had it up on the large Screen, it was a cinch to follow! The instructions are very clear and easy to understand. It starts off teaching you how to breath and gives good reason as to why. It then goes into some basic poses...these are all done slowly, however if you have a remote, then you've got all the tools you need to eventually work your way to becoming a pro. As well as being presented with the absolute beginner in mind I did find some challenging poses, although some most of these are the base line to prepare for the more challenging stuff found in other lessons elsewhere. At the end, there is a very effective relaxation session, which is well guided. Often I can be put off by listening to various tones, however simply focusing on the guided imagery was more than enough to open up and ease my mind and body. Overall I was very impressed. It's definitely worth spreading the word about at any rate.

Please let me know what you think :wink:
PS...If you need help with converting...just ask me & I'll see if I can help.
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:31 pm

This is why I don't venture too far out of my little world. Could a moderator please Delete the first post above...Thank You :D
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

It just keeps getting better. After signing up for my first Free DVD...I have now received a ling to the second DVD (file)
Yoga & The Art Of Aging.
The Website is Packed Full of information...I had my best night sleep in ages since doing that first session I did with the Beginners DVD. Today I really felt fantastic...I'm not a tall guy, but I felt several inches taller walking about today. There really must be something to this Yoga after all. I was not bouncing of the walls or anything...but a sense of well being stayed with me throughout the day. I did tire from my usual intensive workout, however I got in a much more even distributed effort and recovery was excellent. I found myself breathing on the treadmill as if I was still doing yoga. I guess you have to open yourself up to it and persist with the instruction to get the most out of it...but given my limited experiences thus far....I think its fair to say I'm hooked for life.
You know when you read those testimonials and you wonder who really wrote them...Well I'm not wondering :wink:

Although it's always said...you can't do any better than a professional yoga instructor...Don't be put of with giving it a go yourself. I am usually very skeptical of PROMO stuff...this is a first in a long time that actually has something to offer; something you can use for life. It no longer need be another cost you can't afford!
Dave

Postby saharalily » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Dave,

I just tried to load the link and it doesn't work :(
"Women who seek to be equal with men, lack ambition" - Marilyn Monroe

saharalily

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:35 am

Sorry to hear that. If your mean the Yoga link, did you try filling out the form mid page and then checking your email for verification? My Internet is down at the moment, but the link does work off my phone. Perhaps you could try using other links on the left hand menu on the home page. The file is aslo availabe via Torrentz by searching in Google.
Will try to be more specific once London pull thier fingers out and fix my isp's emergency maintanance BS exscuse.
Sorry it's not working for you:(
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:52 am

OK...my ISP is back up and working. This is what you have to do:

1.Right on the link YOGA provided above & "Open Link In New Tab" (that way you can refer back here for instruction)
............................http://yoga.org.nz/yoga_vidoes.htm...............................................

2.Below the first two paragraphs you should see a Form Box (YES Please send me the 2 FREE DVDs access now !) with a Yellow Header above it:
Fill out the required fields & click the Red SEND button

3. Another Form Box will appear...follow the promts

4. Go to the email address that you specified to verify your request.

5.From there you follow a link and so on.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.
I just tried the whole process from the link above and had no problems???

Pethaps if someone else would be kind enough to try.
Dave

Postby saharalily » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 am

Hey again,

I just gave it another go and they are downloading now, I think it was my connection last night cause my email was playing up too.
Thanks for posting these, will let u know how I go when I watch them :)

saharalily

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks for letting me know saharalily...I hope it you find it worth the effort...look foward to hearing what you think. You are very welcome :)
Dave

Postby saharalily » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:29 am

Hi Dave,

I got a chance to watch them this arvo on my pc (I am yet to put them on a disc lol)
I am very impressed, great find. Thanks again.
I am keen to actually give these a go :)

Bekki

saharalily

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:46 am

Hi saharalily,
Having a late on I see. I was up till midnight myself, bit unusual for me. I kind of feel guilty about advertising them as DVD...but then again that's how they advertised them I guess. Seriously if you or anyone else has any trouble getting them to play on Disc let me know. The conversion program above should do the job well enough and is also another great find for such things.

Following the instruction of a large screen TV in your lounge-room would yield better results than in the small confines of ones computer area. I have to push my furniture back a little, then I open all the doors and windows to let as much light and air in as possible...(something I wish the others would do more around the house :roll: )

Just prepare ahead of time & I think you will get a better idea if it's for you or not. Yoga and the art of aging is probably the easier out of the two as they do show some modified poses for those whom may find some of the moves difficult. I am will be prepping the lounge room again today for my second session. Looking forward to it myself.

What kind of a DVD player or Media Device would you be seeking to use that file on? Some DVD player can play simple MP4s or AVIs which in that case is a simple conversion that require you only copy across as data. Just sing out if need be.

Have a good day :wink:
Dave

Return to Exercise Talk