It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Power plate/vibration machine

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Power plate/vibration machine

Postby hotmumma78 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:31 pm

am thinking about buying one of those vibration exercise machines - has anyone used one - good/bad/ugly?
hotmumma78

Re: Power plate/vibration machine

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:59 pm

I could be wrong, but it is largely associated with the word scam...certainly comes up in Google a lot. I believe this type of exercise primarily benefits people who have already reached a somewhat high level of fitness. This method is currently being sold of under the idea it’s good because its used in space.

I don’t believe it will benefit anyone who is currently overweight wishing to rely on this machine to assist them with loosing weight. The benefits advertised on direct deals are encompassed with the words “CLAIM”..................They obviously have their uses...I just can’t find any reliable sources, other than the retailers themselves. I guess if you have a spare $300.00 you could let us all know. I do however wish you the best of luck whatever way you go :wink: ...(just be careful what your expecting from it) I'd love a massage chair :roll:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby hotmumma78 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:59 am

Thanks Dave - they seem to be exercise machines and are in gyms - so even though I NEVER am able to go to the gym - I am going to go and check one out in my gym next week before doing anything. I like the sound of them as they say they are great for tummy toning. Will let you know how I go
hotmumma78

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:40 am

Absolutely...I apologize for sounding bias. Whatever works and as long as your happy. Probably best to be happy as opposed to having all the best performance gear any day. :D Please let me know what you think if you do end up giving this type of equipment a go...would love to know either way.
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Manachi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:47 pm

They don't have these at the 2 gyms I've been part of. I've seen them sold at shopping centres. Would be curious to know what the deal is with them as well though! Would be great if they worked, but I'd assumed they were a bit of a scam too. Did you find any info out on these? any good?
Manachi

Postby dinosaur371 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:25 pm

A friend of mine has one and uses it fairly regularly. She hasn't lost much weight on it although her circulation has improved immensely.
dinosaur371

Return to Exercise Talk